Going into sticker shock...omg~omg~omg

What I do to help control the number of scents I carry all the time ( although its very large ) is I buy samples from suppliers when they go on 1.50 or .99 sale. I will get the limit ( usually 2 or 3 of each scent ) . This gives me a way to play, also to make at least 6 packs of melts in it. I buy , to keep on hand, what sells the fastest. I dont keep on hand scents that although they sell, lag around a little.

Shipping : trying to take care of that now. I've always gotten my stuff my BCN or CS, and I love them, but Im looking into testing FOs from just down the road and see if I can't replace some. I have the utmost love and respect for my suppliers, but this is a money thing to me. Every day, candle and BnB supplies go up in cost, yet fewer people are buying. Thankfully that is turning around some, but like someone prior said " it's going to be suvival of the fittest to see who stays in business " and unfortunately sometimes you have to make business decisions above loyalty. I know this sounds snotty but I dont mean it that way but ....... I aint seen any of MY suppliers calling me up and telling me that they weren't raising their prices because they knew it would cause a hardship on my personal finances and my business finances. I doubt I'm ever large enough to have the "demand" to purchase in bulk like many of you guys and gals do, so I have to offer everything I can, or at least have easy access to it, at reasonable costs and a selection out of the ordinary. Competition is too stiff, and this road is the one I've chosen and it seems to be doing ok for me so far. Nothing massive but its enough to keep the lights on LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if I can ask this question here or have to start a new thread. When my wax melts are done and there is no HT I havebeen pouring them into one big container. I have been using this wax to make pinecone firestarters but was wondering if I can use it again to make wax melts again (just for me, not to sell)

You should probably start a new thread...

Not sure if I can ask this question here or have to start a new thread. When my wax melts are done and there is no HT I havebeen pouring them into one big container. I have been using this wax to make pinecone firestarters but was wondering if I can use it again to make wax melts again (just for me, not to sell)