EcoSoyaPB

It takes color pretty good. Its a little pastel IMO. I mix it with with a lower MP wax at a ratio of 70 / 30. 70% PB and 30% being what ever i have the most of at the time... (464, C-1... etc.)

Cracking: I'm assuming you mean in the 6 or 8 cube tart mold. If you fill it up to the top, I haven't had a problem with cracking. However if you skimp a bit and only fill just past the dividers, it will crack when you try to close the lid.

If you plan to use PB by itself, its pretty hard, with a good CT. If your making anything over an 1" thick with straight PB you won't have an issue with cracking.

So why do I mix it if it does OK alone. I think its just too hard for my taste, so i mix it.

I have used it for tarts, first just alone. Tarts I made a year ago still smell exactly the same as they did when I made them. It sets up beautifully, tarts pop right out. I've mixed it successfully with other waxes as well. I haven't made anything but tarts and hardened up some 415 with it.