Celestial Colors

moon01945

thanks for sharing! Some people don't like to....I don't mind either, but I understand if you ahve worked on a recipe for a while and don't want to share.

i am waiting for my order of Olive to come and I am going to try your recipe. I wrote one up very simular to yours. I didn't have canola in mine... mmmmmm

• 2 weeks later...
I don't mind sharing at all.

20% Palm Oil

35% Olive Oil

30% Coconut Oil

5%Castor

10% Canola Oil

I ran the numbers through SoapCalc. Bars have been curing for a week. Yesterday I tried making column with Apricot Kernel Oil

hi... how long do you have to let this set up? I tried this and it seems really soft. I let it sit for 24 hours and it was still like soft like gel with a thin layer on top. I threw it in the oven for a few hours at 200 to try and get it to gel. It seemed to and is harder now but still softer than my other batches. I posted in the gallery. it was my Australian bamboo swirl.

I let the soap sit in the mold overnight, with towels around it for insulation. I haven't had any problem with the soap not geting to gel phase. The next morning I take the soap slab or log out of the mold. Usually cut into bars that evening. Add read your "soft batch" thread and took a look at your recipe, it may be the almond oil. I use palm oil to help with the hardness of the bar. HTH

Edited by Forest Hill Candles

The larger the mold or batch of soap (poured into one mold) the more likely that it will have a complete gel. If you are making tiny little batches (1 or 2 or even 4 bars) it will need help going through a complete gel. You can either place your mold on a heating pad and then place a towel over the filled mold OR place the mold in the oven at 150F. You can also preheat your mold and then insulate with towels after the pour.

Thanks for all the tips! I also did some reasearch and found some of the same info.

i was doing larger batches - 2lb or 5 lb molds and wrapping in a towel over night to try and heat to full gel and was still getting soft batches.

So.... I reformulated and added Palm to the recipe and did some last night. They looked harder this morning already compared to the other recipe. I also peeked last night and they appeared to be reaching Gel. They also didn't set up too fast and I was able to add colors. i didn't do a full swirl or column swirl but I think I would be able to.

Thanks again.. I love this forum!

• 2 months later...
Scented just wants them! She's probably a hoarder of all things to do with soap making. LOL! I received them today & they look great! Do y'all think since the price is cheaper then CC's they aren't as good?

LOL to your statement! OK, no to you question. Let's get a batch done with them and see what you think :D

Oils are on the way from Columbus Foods. I'll pick up locally olive oil & lye. I'm going to one of my favorite stores "Home Goods" for a SS pot & spoons. Soooo excited!!!!!!! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

LOL to your statement! OK, no to you question. Let's get a batch done with them and see what you think :D

I also love Celestial Colors and am so happy they're back. But has anyone else had problems with the Ballerina Pink fading when exposed to outside light? My soaps are kept out of direct light, but even the indirect light outside at my FM made them fade to nothing. My pretty white with pink swirled soaps are now completely white! I had to pull the batch and am using them on my family only now. So far thats the only color of theirs that has done that.

I finally decided to buy 3 Celestial Kits! I got the Primary, Brilliants, and Harvest! In Dec I'm getting the Neons, Spring, and Sedona. Can't wait to Play over the weekend!

Fun! I use all the ones I got but mostly I use the neons. They are just so bright and fun to play with!