Update on Taylored Concepts

bugtussle

Yes, I heard about Taylored Concepts. You need to call Texas Candle Supply 888-589-9523 as he has many of the same scents and gives excellent customer service. He is located north of Houston. You will be very pleased with his oils.

We were in DFW yesterday, Robert & Kimberly at Taylored are closing but are transferring most FOs to AAA Candle Supply.

http://aaacandlesupply.com/

Robert Lopez @ AAA (owned by Nevitt) will be carrying most Taylored products. They have a great store and carry a lot of IGI waxes. Got a few samples of AAA fos and they are good oob. Will put them in wax and cp. Seems all that are left in DFW are AAA and Lone Star. We'll be ok. Carole

Also found out that Agilex/IFT has been sold again. No details though.

Edited by bugtussle
To add

Wow! AAA has a wider variety of containers than Lone Star or anybody else I've seen. I'm surprised because I did not think that all of those containers were considered to be approved for use as candles. I saw these Libbey margarita glasses at my local Dollar Tree for $1.00 each, but I didn't think they were approved for candles: Margarita Juniper Cactus Stem 12 oz. (Libbey)

$39.12

As far as I know, there's no candle container approval police. Yet. You're pretty much on your own. Just because you see it on a candle supply website doesn't mean you should use it.

What??? :shocked2: But I thought some glass containers were ASTM approved candle glass, right? I've read lots of comments on here about that. I don't even know what ASTM stands for, however. & what about all those threads about liability & how we have to stick to ASTM approved candle glass from a candle supply in case we get sued?

I'd sure like to see fo descriptions. BTW, did anybody see where to buy the lids for their 1/2oz

boston round bottles. No info if they are included or not. Also no info on what lids fit what jars. At least the ones I looked at.

AAA has been in the Garland area for a long time. We have been buying from them for 7 yrs. Their owner also owns a fragrance mfg co and he makes all the FOs. We haven't used too many of them but plan to use more. Carole

AAA has been in the Garland area for a long time. We have been buying from them for 7 yrs. Their owner also owns a fragrance mfg co and he makes all the FOs. We haven't used too many of them but plan to use more. Carole

So you really like their FOs, then. Thanks, that's good to know.

• 4 months later...

Anyone have any new news?

I miss TC's novelty line of fragrance oils, and need to restock!

Scents like Gas, Latex, Gunpowder, Garlic, Cheese, Motor Oil, Peanut...to name a few.

These novelty FOs is what made TC unique.

Will AAA or Nevitt be carrying these? I need them.

Please don't close Taylored Concepts! Has anyone heard anything?

Edited by rctfavr3

I'm sorry I don't have any news of TC, but you can find your favorite novelty FOs at Save On Scents:

http://www.saveonscents.com/index.php/cPath/291_366

HTH

Thanks for the reply! I've tried SOS before. Sampled a few of their novelty scents, but wasn't too impressed. Found most of them to be either too weak or not realistically reminiscent.

I loved TC's peanut and latex. TC's peanut was an amazing blender/base note. Gunpowder was potent. SOS's gunpowder is too cloyed and pleasant to be similar to it's real-life counterpart. A few of their scents are OK, but Taylored Concepts really hit the mark with their scent realism. I know others have praised their leather FO. It was easily one of my favorites. I miss TC.

I do hope others chime in. I'd love to be able to order TC's FOs elsewhere.

Edited by rctfavr3