What can I use?

I bought some wholesale candle glassware here in town yesterday. It came in 4 paks. It was packaged like some drinking glassware - in that flimsy cardboard on top and bottom with the see thru sides so you can view it, and thin strips of cardboard in between. Evidently someone had opened one of the paks to get a better look, or was trying to buy 1 or 2, and the store had put this really sticky tape around the whole thing to put it back together. Luckily, there was only one pak like this, but the tape was around the pak in a single strip across the cardboard and across every glass.

Well, after I got them apart, I've tried everything I know of to get the "sticky" off the glass - straight dishwashing liquid, lighter fluid, goo be gone, fingernail polish remover, even an exacto knife - and I can't get it all off. Does anyone know of anything else I could try?:confused: I'm at my wits end... TIA:tiptoe:

Straight acetone or mineral spirits should work if nothing else. Just be very careful with it, they are harsh chemicals and can burn your skin if you're too sensitive to it. And make sure you wash it well afterwards. And don't pour the stuff down the drain either.

When I need to remove 'sticky residue' from something, I often have luck getting it off by putting another piece of tape over the top of the 'muck', rubbing it down hard and then ripping the tape off quickly. You may have to do this several times but it usually removes every trace.

This

http://www.homedepot.com/Cleaning-Air-Fresheners/h_d1/N-5yc1vZbqs5/R-202559646/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

When I worked at Home Depot this is what I used to remove price tag residue. It worked way better than Goo Gone. Squirt down sticky and whipe with paper towel. With Goo Gone I had to scrub a bit more.

Also I think it's histarical that the shelves at Home Depot smell orange.