Save on Scents has quite a few dark/deep scents I want but three levels of oils, help

I am going to buy sampler packs, make your own, 5 samples per pack.

For Paraffin

1 oz of their regular SOS level is 1oz pp $15.65

1/2 oz of their Extreme is 1/2 oz pp $13.38

I should be able to make equal number of tarts but for less money if I order the extreme. Is my math right?

Any must have or avoids from SOS? Again, looking for deep darks resins woods patchouli but I'm trying their Apricot and Cotton Candy while I'm at it!

Well, I've never purchased directly from them myself, but one of my customers (a wholesale customer) purchases their oils for making blends to anoint candles with. Any of the candles they use the oil blends they make (using Save on Scents oils) smoke like crazy and smell horrible. Admittedly it could be from a number of factors, but just the things I've smelled from there, I didn't care for them and so haven't purchased.

Thanks. Did either of you buy the Meditation scents or woods or incense type scents? Did their oils not throw or were the scents not accurate?

I really wish this search function would get fixed on this board.

Since you only do melt and I only do candles with a wick, my assessment of the throw is irrelevant.

Long time ago I had their sandalwood and it smelled like dirty coconut. They argued with me saying I was insane basically. No skin off my back, but sandalwood does not smell like dirty coconut. The other FOs I got at the time I couldn't get anything more than a scent oob.

Since you only do melt and I only do candles with a wick, my assessment of the throw is irrelevant.

Pam, then I take it that for you it was a throw issue rather than an accuracy issue. I realize I probably deal with many more scents and oils than you do, and that you use wicks and I don't, but I still like to hear everyone's opinion. I'm especially interested in accuracy of scent issues.

For reasons unknown to me, they once told me to pick out a bunch of free samples. Knowing a good thing when I saw it, I snatched up what I thought would be top notch.

Couldn't smell a thing. I made wickless (in jars). I eventually melted them down, added a bunch more wax and good FO, just to try to get my money's worth.

:laugh2:

Pam, then I take it that for you it was a throw issue rather than an accuracy issue. I realize I probably deal with many more scents and oils than you do, and that you use wicks and I don't, but I still like to hear everyone's opinion. I'm especially interested in accuracy of scent issues.

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

That's a good one!

I have been pleased with the FOs I have purchased from them. I wasn't hugely impressed with their EOs. I haven't ordered from them often because they are a long way away from me and I don't want to pay more shipping than absolutely necessary.

I have tried the following in soy candles- 464 to be exact and I use CD wicks

-Autumn Lodge- Ultra and Extreme

-Addict- Ultra

-Woodlands- Ultra

-Lemon Lavender- Ultra

-Eucalyptus- Ultra

-Clean Cotton- Ultra

They all were good in a candle and excellent in a melt- I think there is a big difference in strength from ultra to extreme but the price is a big difference as well

The scents above were dead on from the retailer duplications

woodlands was pretty weak but the rest threw very well- especially the autumn lodge extreme

hope that helps some- I have ordered from them a year ago and hated the ones I chose...dont order bluegrass- it smells like the worst old lady perfume gone rank in the world and you CANNOT get rid of the smell- I did not like their lavender or the pink grapefruit either- very chemical like- this time around I stuck to best sellers in the retailer duplications and was very pleased, however I do think extreme would make a stronger candle but the trade off is the price you pay for it.

I like some of their oils, but I hate having to chose from the different levels of strength and the extreme price is just too high. I buy the Ultra. I am trying to cut all of the scents I use from my line because I am just tired of it. However, Sweet Rain is a best seller for me and I haven't found one that smells the same. Other good ones for me both in paraffin (melts and wicks), Amber Romance, Sunwashed Linen, Jasmine Vanilla, Black Currant Vanilla - which are all dupes and very good. I also just feel like the customer service is very impersonal.