I'm going completely insane!!!

I got my order from Peak in and the FO's smell freaking delicious!!! I can't play with them yet though until I get this wick size down. It's driving me crazy!

Here's what I got...

Strawberries & Cream

Sugar Cookie

Gardenia

Cinnamon Buns

Watermelon

Macintosh Apple

Honeydew Melon

Coconut Lime Verbenia

Home For The Holidays

Spiced Cranberry

And the sent me Island Nectar for a free sample.

They all smell amazing except for the Home For The Holidays. That one smells like Vick's Vapor Rub

I am using 4630A, 9 0z Hex & the 2 wicks I have going right now are 51-32-18Z & 44-24-18Z

I know the wick size will probably change with some scents, I'm just wanting to get a starting point. Have you used any of these scents before?? Anything imparticular I should be on the lookout for when I try them?

Edited by jluper7297

I use the same wax and got mushrooms galore with the zinc wicks, worse than any other wick.

Camay, which wicks do you have better luck with--I get lots of mushrooms and soot with the zincs, too, and am considering trying the CDs. Thanks!

For me, I found sugar cookie and cinnamon bun to be ones I had to wick up on. Typically heavily scented vanillas, spices and some other types of scents will require a bigger wick. I will let you experiment with that. One thing that might help you is to wick say the watermelon, honey dew, mac apple ones and find a common wick. I think a 44z though will be too strong for them and would suggest you stepping down a size. But if you find a common wick, consider that to be your starting point and wick up a size for say the sugar cookie and cinnamon bun types. I don't know if that helped on confused you so I'll give an example:

Say I made votives with those scents and I knew 36z was the typical size, for the heavier scents I would go to a 44z.

Zincs are prone to shroom, regardless really of what size you go. It's the "fault" of that type of a wick I guess you could say. So in your trial stages, maybe look other wicks to try out too.

Actually I did get that! Haaa, I did have to read it twice though. I am finding that the 52 mushroomed more on the second burn but I got a full melt pool. The 44 mushroomed a tiny bit on the second burn but my melt pool was off center. I think that was my fault. I think I got the wick a tad off center.

Well one might think I was learning English on that above comment too. Dang, I lost some words and others just don't fit, but as long as you got what I was saying alls good then lol. I'll just pretend I was drinking heavily when I typed that comment ha ha.