Ecosoya CB Advanced

njcandle

Is anyone interested in getting a list together of scents that have actually worked with CBA?? I only have a few to add but would love to hear other success stories.. Seems this is the biggest issue with CBA so lets get on a road to solving it :smiley2:

• 2 months later...
thanks, I love the way my candles look with ecosoya-have not tried any other soy waxes. How do the candles look with 464? Do you get consistently good HT with 464?

Yes, I do. I love the HT and CT of the 464. It's a bit more finicky and you need to baby it more. I only cure for a week at the most and get really great smelling candles. You should try it.

Also I have tried the excel before and have had good results with it to. I really didn't like the Adv. You have to search alot to find FO that are compatible with it.

Thanks...I'll try ordering a small amount and play with it. I get excellent cold throw but I'm still waiting for last batch of candles to cure before i test for HT. LS suggested the CBA over the Excel for better scent throw and it's been a non stop lab experiment trying to get the HT I want but have found CS fo's to work well in the CBA. Any tips on how to achieve a great looking and smelling candle using the 464? I use 16 ounce canning jars with LX wicks with the CBA and have not had a problem with melt pool or anything else other than strong ht. Any advice is appreciated...

Since 464 has been mentioned in this thread, I am starting to have a horrendous problem with frosting using 464, in some cases the whole candle will frost within 3 weeks. I have not changed my procedure but I am beginning to wonder if it correlates to certain FO and these, of course, are the ones that actually throw well. Any tips on reducing frosting and do others see this correlation between bad looks and better HT?

Since 464 has been mentioned in this thread, I am starting to have a horrendous problem with frosting using 464, in some cases the whole candle will frost within 3 weeks. I have not changed my procedure but I am beginning to wonder if it correlates to certain FO and these, of course, are the ones that actually throw well. Any tips on reducing frosting and do others see this correlation between bad looks and better HT?

I am having the same problem at times. I also find that some of my candles do not frost. I have no rhyme or reason as to why some do and some don't. I get excellent HT out of all of them though. Ive read other posts and it may be just the nature of the beast and we have to except it. I think ultimately people want a candle that smells great.

I agree on both counts, every soy has its own unique challenges and people love great smelling candles. But being stubborn, I will continue to try and make a near perfect candle-well, as long as my checking account allows it ; ) njcandle has a great idea about trying to get a list going for fo's that work in CBA...here's mine so far...

CandleScience

Macintosh

Hazelnut coffee

Pumpkin souffle

LoveSpell

Cinnamon Stick

Beach Linen

i'm waiting for 8 more fo's to come and will start testing those soon

I am having the same problem at times. I also find that some of my candles do not frost. I have no rhyme or reason as to why some do and some don't. I get excellent HT out of all of them though. Ive read other posts and it may be just the nature of the beast and we have to except it. I think ultimately people want a candle that smells great.

My candles are fine at first but within 2 to 3 weeks they will frost - I suspect the A/C downstairs is always much colder.

I let them cure for a minimum of 10 days-ht increases quite a bit from what I've been able to tell so far. There was a huge difference with LS's Autumn Pear..tested it after 48 hr cure time and nothing! Then today I lit another one that had been curing for 2 weeks and it fragranced my whole living room with vaulted ceilings

• 2 weeks later...
jackbenimble...how does the excel compare to the CBA as far as ht goes? I get a decent ht but tried the 464 you suggested and yes, better ht but the frosting kills me lol...

Imc- IMHO I think the excel has better HT than the Adv. Also I only have a tiny bit of frost on a couple of my candles. I think you should try the excel. I bet you would like it!

jackbenimble-thanks! Like I mentioned, I get decent ht from CBA but have to up the fo amount...really like the ct from 464-will test burn tomorrow-do you have any advice for the 464 on how to greatly reduce the frosting issues-I poured 2 at different temps and the lower temp definetly appears to be much better but both testers have a bumpy top-is that common for 464 too? Spoiled from the CBA-really trying to get close to what I consider a good ht but you can smell the difference in ct alone between 464 and CBA...I don't mind the testing aspect of it all-kinda cool really-but I need to just face the facts that there are no real shortcuts lol...One more ?...I use LX26 for CBA 16 oz jars-should I start testing 464 in that jar with same wick or should I wick up or down a size to start?

Imc- so my experience with frost and bumpy tops with 464 are keep the room temp about 74 degrees. Pour between 110-100 degrees (you should get smooth tops at those temps). I heat my jars also. As far as frost- it's gonna happen I think no matter what. I don't use dye so it's not that big of a deal to me and everyone so far doesn't care either. I like CD's for my wicks. All of this info is from my personal experience of course so it may or may not work for you but I think it's a good place to start. HTH! :-)

Thanks for all the help! I live out in Phx so to keep my home at 74* is going to kill my electric bill lol but I'll give it a try while I'm making the candles...I did notice a big improvement by pouring at 110 compared to 150 with the 464 as far as frosting goes...