Conflicting info

pixie

I would like to try my hand at making tarts with Ecosoya pb tart wax (as I can get it locally) but am a bit confused because of the conflicting information regarding this wax.

This is the info CS has posted for ecosoya pb wax:

Max FO load: 6%

Melt point: 128 degrees

And here is the info the Ecosoya website (NGI) has posted for the same wax:

Max FO load: 12%

Melt point: 130 degrees

hmmm, so which is it? I am inclined to go by the recommendations of Ecosoya since they are the makers of this wax but I love CS and have always had really good luck following all their recommendations.

For those of you that use the pb tart wax, can you tell me what you think the max fo load is for this wax and the melt point?

Thanks guys.

• 3 months later...

When I was testing different waxes for tarts, I used 100% PB and had it loaded to about 11% FO and it did fine. No seepage, no frosting (undyed), etc. Still have another PB tester laying around that is about 10 months old, dyed with brown, with a 9% FO load and it looks fine. As good as the parasoy blend I tested. Ended up going with a 3 wax soy blend that includes PB and have no problems when I have to go with a 10% FO load (but it is a blend, not straight PB).