So what kinds of things are you creating this weekend?

Making lots of floaters for two wedding orders - diamonds for one, gardenias for another. Also some food candles for another order - cheeseburger with everything, onion rings and fries - and a hotdog with fries.:wink2:

I think I would be very overwhelmed trying to make a candle look like a cheeseburger with everything on it...I'd love to see pics once it is complete!

Working on wicking a 2" pillar, kind of a personal challenge now....

Great minds think alike...lol

Babysitting these 2"s is becoming a PITA!! One tester is Nag Champa and two are Lavender which I have setting on my desk so I can keep an eye on them. The testing is really difficult because being in the SW desert I have to have the cooler running and that is just enough draft to cause blow-outs. But at least the PITA testing is filling my office with a really nice scent :smiley2:

Also test burning CS's new scent Honeycomb -

Great minds think alike...lol

Babysitting these 2"s is becoming a PITA!! One tester is Nag Champa and two are Lavender which I have setting on my desk so I can keep an eye on them. The testing is really difficult because being in the SW desert I have to have the cooler running and that is just enough draft to cause blow-outs. But at least the PITA testing is filling my office with a really nice scent :smiley2:

Also test burning CS's new scent Honeycomb -

LOL, we'll go crazy together Pam W. There must be an answer to the 2" riddle. Yes, lots of air flow in my house too, fans and A/C and the occasional dog running through the house. Let us know how the honeycomb is.

I think I would be very overwhelmed trying to make a candle look like a cheeseburger with everything on it...I'd love to see pics once it is complete!

I posted a picture of this in the gallery awhile back, but for the life of me, I can't find it this morning.:angry2: I'm sure it's still there...(bear in mind I haven't had my first cup of coffee yet...maybe I'll find it after!:laugh2:):tiptoe:

LOL, we'll go crazy together Pam W. There must be an answer to the 2" riddle. Yes, lots of air flow in my house too, fans and A/C and the occasional dog running through the house. Let us know how the honeycomb is.

I live in the SW desert also, ladies, and have the same problem with drafts once the air goes on. Get yourself a couple hurricanes, the taller ones that are open at both ends. Burn your pillars in those and the draft won't reach them. Mine accomodate up to 6" pillars.

I live in the SW desert also, ladies, and have the same problem with drafts once the air goes on. Get yourself a couple hurricanes, the taller ones that are open at both ends. Burn your pillars in those and the draft won't reach them. Mine accomodate up to 6" pillars.

Good idea and I have considered it but does the enclosed space trap heat in and change the burn characteristics? These 2 inchers seem was way to sensitive to the environment. But, yes, the enclosures are a great idea. Thanks

Good idea and I have considered it but does the enclosed space trap heat in and change the burn characteristics? These 2 inchers seem was way to sensitive to the environment. But, yes, the enclosures are a great idea. Thanks

The ones I have I got at Michaels years ago when they were really popular. They are really big. I bought them before I even made candles and liked to burn big, 10" high pillars. Now days, I have test enclosures that hubby built for me awhile back to test in, especially when I'm trying something that I think may flame up or something, or I have to leave them upattended for a short time. But these hurricanes I use in the house because there's no place that doesn't have a mild breeze when the air is on or the window open. I use them all the time, and they never heat up. The diameter is 8" at the top, bottom and middle. And I use them for votives up to tall pillars now, and it hasn't changed anything except keeping the flame upright instead of on it's side! HTH:tiptoe:

Edited by Bernadette

Sounds like everyone is busy! I have been testing my wax melts and poured a batch of Pumpkin Crunch Cake last night. I want to do a couple batches tonight but I am really tired so we'll see.

I created nothing this weekend. It was nice!! Went to a Derby BBQ that doubled as my nephews b-day party yesterday and today was Mother's Day so spent the day with my family and did some landscaping work in my front yard. Back to work tomorrow I guess. I have alot of things to do, tarts, air fresheners, body butter etc. and maybe I can get around to playing around with the pillars I am wanting to do (for myself).

Mmmm pumpkin crunch cake.... sounds yummy!!

Edited by pleasureridgecandles