Anyone tried thes votive tray?

Pretty cool, looks like a fast way to make a fair number of votives. Right now I make my votives using left-over wax so the metal cups/wick pins work for me as I may only need 2 or 3 at a time. Not sure why yours are cracking, can you post a picture? The only time I got cracks was when I was using pillar wax that had stearic in it and I cooled them quick in the freezer. Something that I don't do any more.

I have a terrible time to get out my wickpins without my votives cracks a bit in the bottom, so I was looking for alternatives, anyone tried this?

http://cart.candlesupply.com/product.php?productid=20334&cat=0&page=1

/Yvonne

My votives used to do the same because the flat bottoms of the pins would still be stuck in the wax. I put mine in the ice box after they harden for a few minutes and the bottoms come off without breaking. HTH

Tina

I had made a ton of votives when I first started making candles using 4794 in 3oz dixie cups with wick pins and never had a problem with cracking. Except of course that one time I stuck them in the freezer to cool quicker and forgot about them until the next morning, LOL. I guess we've all done that one at least once :smiley2:

That mould sure does look pretty neat though. It probably also makes the sides much more shiny then the dixie cups too.

I personally used this mold once and sold it and thought it was a real pain in the butt. The mold is time consuming with clipping and unclipping your tab into the 'clips' at the bottom of the mold. You have to keep checking the wicks to keep them straight while they cool. I's rather pour my wax into molds with wick pins and walk away, no fuss, no muss!!

I have one I assume is like it but mine is black.It's hard to get the wick tabs in and even harder to get the votives out. But my wick pins fit perfect, I'll try it with them next time. Since it's a snug fit maybe they'll come out easier.

I have trouble getting my wick pins out too but my wax is not a pillar wax. When I used a pillar paraffin everthing pop out great.

I have a silicon votive mold and used it once or twice. It worked pretty well, but the votives were a little larger than the ones I can make with the metal molds and the larger ones didn't fit in my glass votive holders. I used my wick pins when I used the silicon mold and they worked fine.