Fragrance Description Thread

After racking my brain trying to figure out how to describe some of the fragrances we offer I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread where people who are interested can share their descriptions for their candle fragrances. If you'd like to participate and you've renamed your fragrance (you don't have to tell us your new name) then perhaps you can let us know what the original fragrance was. I'll start off.

Original - Caramelized Pralines (Candle Science)

My description - Just like the tantalizing aroma of fresh from the oven caramel pecan pralines! You can smell the vanilla caramel, rich brown sugar, and buttery pecans and it won’t add an inch to your waistline!

You can either use my description verbatim or as a basis to create your own original description.

Thanks for participating!

Edited by classiccandle
Included full name of supplier instead of initials

I'd rather see a description thread for the scents some of those businesses had who went buh bye over the past few years. There are a few I may never be able to fully describe again lol.

Yes. Like Applewood Orchard from T&B. I struggled with that one a couple of weeks ago.

Dragonfly Moon and Guns 'n Roses. I think I can get the rest of the SS scents I have, but I have one out of Lebermuth and others from various places. Perhaps instead of hijacking this one, I should start another.

"Dragonfly Moon is a soft, moody fragrance enhanced by light musk on top of the night blooming floral notes of Moonflowers. An earthy whisper of spanish moss, garden herbs, and summer woods compliment Dragronfly Moon's watery mist accord that make this a mysterious and ethereal fragrance. Dragonfly Moon soaps beautifully in our CP soap formulations with no acceleration and only off white discoloration"

"Guns & Roses is something new and cool for the cowboy, gunslinger or biker in your life. Guns & Roses is a masculine and senuous, tanned leather accord brightened with cool, cold metallic notes. Guns & Roses is made intriguing and unisex with a finishing whisper of romantic rose petals on a bottom aria of musk. A simply amazing combo"

Edited by Darbla

Alright then.

Perhaps this wasn't such a bright idea after all. :waiting:

Not necessarily!! I hope others will post to your thread. I got on a wild idea, because it seems I have a lot of fragrances from companies that went OOB and when I get around to trying to describe them (if I use them) then I'm out of luck on what their descriptions were. I like your idea as well.

"Dragonfly Moon is a soft, moody fragrance enhanced by light musk on top of the night blooming floral notes of Moonflowers. An earthy whisper of spanish moss, garden herbs, and summer woods compliment Dragronfly Moon's watery mist accord that make this a mysterious and ethereal fragrance. Dragonfly Moon soaps beautifully in our CP soap formulations with no acceleration and only off white discoloration"

"Guns & Roses is something new and cool for the cowboy, gunslinger or biker in your life. Guns & Roses is a masculine and senuous, tanned leather accord brightened with cool, cold metallic notes. Guns & Roses is made intriguing and unisex with a finishing whisper of romantic rose petals on a bottom aria of musk. A simply amazing combo"

OK how many SS scents did you find descriptions for? I want them lol!

OK how many SS scents did you find descriptions for? I want them lol!

Well, shoot, I thought I might have a bunch on my inactive scent description page but the only one I have is Guns & Roses.

Have you tried the Wayback Machine and typed in the names of the scents you're looking for?

Man when it comes to SS info on scents that were there, I can get a partial, but not a full via that wayback machine. Now I'm seeking Black Oak and Acorn lol. I got an invalid when I went looking for that. Will have to keep trying.

Man when it comes to SS info on scents that were there, I can get a partial, but not a full via that wayback machine. Now I'm seeking Black Oak and Acorn lol. I got an invalid when I went looking for that. Will have to keep trying.

Via the wayback machine...:smiley2:

Oak and Acorn is a sensual melange of oakwood, amber, and vanilla beans. Nutmeg and sandalwood are blended with herbal lavender, sweet orange, and crushed green acorns to create a fragrance that is luxuriously smooth with a silken finish. Acorns & Black Oak is warm, complex and 'rip the shirt off of him' masculine! This is one of my personal favorites, I tuck a cotton ball dabbed with this under my pillow! Acorns & Black Oak soaps easily in our CP soap formulations with medium tan discoloration.