Vybar and Soy Wax

I remember reading some info about this before. If you do a search on here you should find it, that's how I found it before. Basically it said that in not these exact words that it's not good in soy b/c it binds the scent and would not be helping as far as the HT goes, it would have the opposite effect. I'll try to see if I can find it and post the link here. I'm just going off memory here so don't quote me. Off to find the link. HTH

Found it.. http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?65641-using-vybar&highlight=vybar

You might search over in the veggie wax section since you're talking about soy. You'll find tons and tons of helpful info.

Edited by pleasureridgecandles
added link

It is not necessary to add vybar or any other additive to soy candles to achieve a strong scent. It's simply a matter of using high quality undiluted fragrance oils and the right soy wax.

It's hard to generalize about all soy wax because there are many brands/sources and they do not all preform the same. There are some soy waxes which are problematic in their scent throw - EcoSoya CBA comes to mind. Some waxes are particular about what FOs work best and which wicks work the best. Candles are systems. All the different components - dye, wax, FO, additives, wicks, containers play a role in obtaining the best scent throw and burn qualities. Each person has to find the combo that works best for them.

ahhh Stella! You said "Candles are systems. All the different components - dye, wax, FO, additives, wicks, containers play a role in obtaining the best scent throw and burn qualities. Each person has to find the combo that works best for them. "

So so true... & everyone, in the beginning, says "Oh! It's SO EASY!" I swear the more I learn the more questions I have!

Ho Hum.

ahhh Stella! You said "Candles are systems. All the different components - dye, wax, FO, additives, wicks, containers play a role in obtaining the best scent throw and burn qualities. Each person has to find the combo that works best for them. "

So so true... & everyone, in the beginning, says "Oh! It's SO EASY!" I swear the more I learn the more questions I have!

Ho Hum.

So true, had I known before I got sucked into all this maybe..... Nah, I like a good challenge and, besides, look at all the cool, homemade candles one gets to burn while testing.

Edited by rjdaines