Sanguigno Orange & Patchouli (SW) and Egyptian Musk (SweetCakes)

Lorelei

I would love to try these two, however, I don't want to spend so much for the one oz tester if I don't love them.

Are there any fragrance twins that you know of out there for these? If so how do they perform in applications?

Thanks in advance!

Lorelei

You can probably make your own sanguigno orange and patch, but from this end ... just get a pound or more of it. It's very, very, very good stuff in soap, bath bombs, lotion tubes ... I keep wanting to try it in candles. I have enough of it that I could at least give it a go. As for the Egyptian musk, I can't help you there. Can't help you on SC. I think you could probably find the scent for less though.

For Egyptian Musk the Sc version is not near as good as Oregon Trails Egyptian Musk

infact I hate the SC version its definately not the Worlds best as they say

Oregon Trails version smells like the egyptian musk in stores, while SC version I'm not sure what its supposed to be it doesn't smell good to me

Iv'e used OT's Egyptian Musk in Tarts (nice throw) & B&B it is a beautiful scent

Honestly Sc has the worst Egyptian Musk, Natures Garden Egyptian musk is better

but OT's is the best I promise you.

Sanguigno Orange Patchouli is very good but I do my own blend of Real Patchouli EO, Patchouli Dreams from Candle Cocoon, and Blood Orange EO , sometimes I may also add some orange fragrance oil also.

and I like it better personally

Hope this helps

Edited by RetroMetroChic

And I have to say the exact opposite.... I LOVE Sweetcakes' World's Best Egyptian Musk. It's the best Egyptian musk I have come across. All the others I sniffed smelled awful and bland. SC version smells... clean... raw... and sensual. It's one of my favorite oils to use. And it works for blending too. I know that Just Scent sells The World's Best Egyptian Musk... but I am not sure if it's the exact same as Sweetcakes.

Have you tried OT's Version?

I have read somewhere that certain people can't smell some musks

I could be one because I don't smell much with SC's version

but I ventured out to try OT's after reading others say that SC's was not as good as OT's

and when i got it I couldn't believe how good it was they were right.

It smells like the little vials of egyptian musk I've smelled at stores like whole foods and the like

While I smell more of a fresh scent with SC's like you said more clean

so i guess it depends on which kind you want really

Edited by RetroMetroChic

I'm going to have to try the blending on the Sanguigno Orange & Patchouli. Any suggestions of percentages I would love it since I've not smelled the original oil, but it sounds great!

I'd love to keep getting reviews if anyone else has anything on the Egyptian Musk. :) I believe I may have a 1 oz'er from NG that I'll sniff and see!

Thanks all for your responses!

but I ventured out to try OT's after reading others say that SC's was not as good as OT's

It smells like the little vials of egyptian musk I've smelled at stores like whole foods and the like

Not quite. Some people cannot smell ANY musk, not just some of 'em. I cannot smell musk (I'm anosmic to musk). At my job I've been through fragrance training a few times and I hate "musk day" because I sit there thinking "I get NOTHING!".

I'm going to have to try the blending on the Sanguigno Orange & Patchouli. Any suggestions of percentages I would love it since I've not smelled the original oil, but it sounds great!

I'd love to keep getting reviews if anyone else has anything on the Egyptian Musk. :) I believe I may have a 1 oz'er from NG that I'll sniff and see!

Thanks all for your responses!

You'll need blood orange EO for this. Have you got any? I haven't tried mixing my own, but I'd start by blending through drops first and maybe go 2:1 blood orange to patch in one mix and 3:1 orange to patch. I believe there's a hint of fir in there too.

I might have tried OT's version... I don't remember. I've tried so many versions from different suppliers, and I just didn't care for any of them. I think SC version is more complex, with more depth. There's other scent notes mingling in there along with the musk, that makes it smell more like a "cleaner", sexier musk. I love it in perfume oil.

Different strokes for different folks, eh? lol

Probably would be, but all are available in EOs, I know that. I've come close (by accident) and then knocked my lot of testers over so I can't even tell you which one was the closet. Patch and blood orange though are very good together ... just sayin'! Actually I might even go to a 4:1 blood orange to patch. You don't want the patch to overwhelm the fragrance, but you definitely want it to be part of the formula.

Yes thats about right 4 to 1. For B&B items I do eo only but for tarts I add in patchouli and orange fo to make sure I get good throw

but it still has the eo's in it. Blood Orange and Patchouli together is supposed to be an aphrodisiac or love potion LOL serious though

Its wonderful in bath salts.