Better HT

Does 464 really have a better HT then cb advanced? And do the par/soy mix such as 6006 really have a better HT then plain soy? any thoughts? I currently have the cb advanced and it is sooo picky when it comes to the FO.

Edited by jponder

This is right from their website

"Due to its advanced technology, it is very important to work with the fragrance manufacturer to use fragrances specifically designed for and tested in CB-Advanced Soy. Please do not assume that a fragrance working in any other wax (soy or paraffin) will automatically work in CB-Advanced Soy. Refer to Appendix B for suggestions. Recommended maximum scent load is about 12%. To minimize scent loss, add scent prior to pouring but at a wax temperature no less than 135°F (57.2°C). Accommodate for temperature drop due to the addition of the cooler scent when targeting the pour temperature. Optimum hot scent throw is achieved with a full diameter burn pool at a depth of ¼ to ½ inch (0.6 to 1.3 cm). Some scents may react poorly causing bleed, objectionable frosting, or poor flame quality. Try a different scent or manufacturer to correct that occurrence."

Below are fragrance houses that manufacture FO that has been tested in in their various products. That is what I am currently doing as I have yet to find a better looking soy than the CB Advanced. It is creamy and has a great afterburn look. I have tried 464 and it has great throw but in my opinion doesn't look as good as the CB Advanced. Each wax has its up and its downs. It is really up to you.

http://www.ngiwax.com/resources/fragranceprogram.html

I started with CD Advanced and spent weeks/months testing wicks for it with containers, only to discover later that the HT was weak. As good as it looked the people who want candles from me all said "smell vs looks". They'd take an "ugly" smelly candle over a good looking non-fragrant one. So here I am retesting wicks and containers with 464. I have to get something out he door by the end of May that looks reasonable but has HT. I can fine tune the looks part later. So in answer to your questions, the answer is "YES", if it wasn't I'd be happily shipping rather than testing.

Worked with CB Advanced for a while. Hated it. Worst throw of any wax I ever tried and I have tried several. I prefer C-3 or CB135. You have to learn how to overcome the frosting and rough top issues but the throw is great. CBA makes a pretty candle but you will spend way too much time and money testing FOS that throw at all in this wax.

If I was making UNscented candles, I would RUN for the CBA because of its resistance to frosting and lovely appearance.

Because I make scented candles, I have absolutely no interest in CBA. I use NatureWax C3 and have learned how to overcome most of the frosting issues. There is no middle ground with soy wax.*

*I don't consider parasoy (of any percentage) as "soy wax." Only wax containing soy-based ingredients is soy wax. Soy wax which contains other vegetable oils is "vegetable wax."