looking for best pinon pine

Hi all,

I am looking for Pinon Pine. Chemessence has it,but 50.00 min. order and I requested the 4 free samples from them. I need a place to order that I can order just 1 reg. size bottle of it. I want it to smell like walking through the shops in New Mexico and after a rain in the mountians (got to smell it last year after a rain and it was wonderful). Anyone know of a true scent to this and where to get it? They get it somewhere there,and am hoping someone here knows where:)

Thanks so much!!

Edited by CandleChic

Taylored has it? I must be temporarily blind. I looked for it a few months back and couldn't find it anywhere. And I know I looked at Taylored because he has so much. I had it a few years back and wanted more, and simply couldn't find it so I assumed it was somebody who went out of business.

Off to look again.

Edited to add: Sho 'nuf, there it is. Humph!

Edited by SliverOfWax

I am curious how "Pinion Pine" is different from the other straight pine oils out there? Have never been to New Mexico, but have been to Oregon's high desert, and the scent out there is lovely. Closest I have found is Heartfelt's Rocky Mountain Pine, but irritated with their CS. Is Pinion Pine that much better?

I couldn't agree more about it being in a class all it's own..it's wonderful and it's not the regular pine for Christmas,or piney exactly. I actually was in NM last year and after a rain in the mountains, had the windows down and told hubby I wished I could bottle it up..it was awesome but for real..I'll never forget it! I love that smell when walking through the shops. I had found it before at Chemessence. Someone had told me a long time ago it was the closest thing to the "real" thing. So I got their free samples and loved it. At Chemessence you have to buy a min. of 50.00 worth and am hoping to get a regular size somewhere that smells like it. Don't wanna buy 50.00 worth,but it's almost worth it..lol.

I may get a small oz. bottle from Taylored Concepts to try.. I ordered the free samples,as it's been so long ago,maybe they won't remember me,lol.

I've poured the TC Pinion & loved it - although, it's been awhile. NOTHING compares to Pinion, but maybe my love for the scent is attached to wonderful memories of NM. My husband's family has a cabin in Ruidoso & the smell is just intoxicating. We used to haul a cord of hard Oak w/ us & swap it out for the Pinion at the cabin to bring back to Tx. You can usually find small bags of it at Home Depot around Dec to burn in chimineas.

Susan.

TxSioux,

It IS wonderful isn't it? We go west every year for vacation & NM is my favorite place. Been to Ruidoso many times to and all over. Pinion to NM is like Mesquite to Texas,(don't want my house smelling like mesquite though,that's for bbq) lol,and Pinion is my favorite and brings back the memories here at home. Of course we love Colo,and all the others but NM is my favorite,maybe cuz of the desert and the mountians..you get both:)

I need that scent,Can't wait to get my samples and am going to try TC. I just almost think the 50.00 min. for Pinion would be worth every last drop of oil!!! :cheesy2:

What memories a fragrance can bring to ya,huh?

Edited by CandleChic

Yeah,that is a lot of money,that's why I say ~almost~ would buy it,lol.

Their Pinion was great though,but I just don't want that much of it,and out of the other fo samples I had from them,I didn't like. Fixing to try TC's see if I like that one. I can afford that one and they are here in Tx.

At least they give out 1 oz. samples,I know of no one else that gives out samples like that.If anyone does know of a supplier that does,let me know.

Always looking for something new to try!!

Already not happy with JBN changing over..they had my tureens w/black lids and Butt Naked my customers loved. They don't have either anymore except Sweet Orange and Chili Pepper that was a big seller for me. I hate to order one thing and pay shipping,so don't even buy that one anymore.

Yeah but four or so people taking a pound of it from you would make your cost work out right? Just was thinking that. I've never used them, but I use a pillar wax that's basically straight paraffin and everything should throw in it (but doesn't necessairly lol) I have the ability to do a 70/30 container blend and a palm wax. Shame a 1 oz sample isn'tgoing to scent all that lol. They may have been around a while, but so have a few other companies and their stuff doesn't throw. However, I want to try this pinon pine out and I don't want to make a five pound investment in it either lol. I also don't want to order just one scent from TC either.

Yeah but four or so people taking a pound of it from you would make your cost work out right? Just was thinking that. I've never used them, but I use a pillar wax that's basically straight paraffin and everything should throw in it (but doesn't necessairly lol) I have the ability to do a 70/30 container blend and a palm wax. Shame a 1 oz sample isn'tgoing to scent all that lol. They may have been around a while, but so have a few other companies and their stuff doesn't throw. However, I want to try this pinon pine out and I don't want to make a five pound investment in it either lol. I also don't want to order just one scent from TC either.

Sounds like a coop to me.

Put me down for one pound.

post-2678-139458479211_thumb.gifpost-2678-139458479211_thumb.gif

Nope,not enough but for 1,2 candles,but I'm gonna make it last and use it in some room spray,lol. I agree with ordering one scent from TC,gonna go look on their site and see if there's anything I need and can get from them to make it worth the shipping.

Ya gotta try the Pinion..ask for some samples from Chemessence..they give 4, 1 oz..at least you could see if you liked it,but then again,the same scent somewhere else can smell different. She said it was awesome from TC so I'll see what I can do,lol!!

Now you have me seriously wanting to pour some Pinion & missing NM!! If the TC fo doesn't rock your world, you could always try to get others to go in on a group buy at Chemessence, so you wouldn't have to meet the min. alone. Are you anywhere close to me? I know of 2 other candlemakers here & they buy more fo's than I do. I just dug out my TC Pinion ... like so many TC scents, it has some kind of weird note, but I remember really liking it once it was in wax.

Susan.

Hey TxSioux,

I am in La Porte,and I've always heard about TC's fo's and the weird smell from them and that's why I keep hesitaing,lol. I usually buy from BCS and North,used to from JBN some,but don't like the new buyers products. I even looked in NM online for the stuff,can't find it,lol.

Where in Tx are you?

I am curious how "Pinion Pine" is different from the other straight pine oils out there? Have never been to New Mexico, but have been to Oregon's high desert, and the scent out there is lovely. Closest I have found is Heartfelt's Rocky Mountain Pine, but irritated with their CS. Is Pinion Pine that much better?

I believe the pine you're thinking of is Sugar Pine. There's alot of them in the high desert and they're really majestic & yummy smelling.

I would take on doing a coop for this. I don't work, so have the time. Just have not done one before, so would need info on what I need to do. I'm assuming I would need bottles etc? LOL. You have me VERY curious about this pine. I just know my husband would love it and so would I. Guess I will go check out the other coops and see whats what as far as how to set one up before I continue to blabber on about it lol

• 2 months later...