LoneStar made me happy!

TxSioux

I've never ordered much from LS (last order was about 2 yrs ago), so wanted to share a few things that really set this last order apart. My order was all wicks, but I added on a fo sample. I always expect the worst w/ fo's, cause I think we've all had at least one order w/ a leaking, or open lid. When I opened the lid to sniff, I was surprised to find that the bottle had a silver seal - the kind you usually can't peel back to save your life & end up cutting open - lol. Does any other supplier send out their fo's like this? That's a huge plus! Also, the order was placed on Tues & UPS was at my door on Wed - standard delivery. I'm only about 90 miles from LS, but that still ranks as great customer service in my book.

Susan.

HMMMMM....their French Market and Leather are top throwers in my wax. They also have some of the truest smelling wine fragrances out there IMO. And their stuff is always in stock. Also, their showroom is top notch! The cleanest I have seen so far. That's a big deal to me when you sell soap supplies too, whether it's melt and pour or all of the oils. Owner went above and beyond and held the place open for us as we were stuck in traffic and needed to pick up our large order several months back. Hubby just got back from there today. Can you tell I think they are fabulous????!!!!

I have used LS and they have great CS, I like several of their oils, Leather, flowering dogwood, sea petals, I haven't ordered from there in a long time, but I probably will in the future. They have a large selection of supplies. I really like their liquid dyes.

You'll find a few good fo in the bunch. They are typical of big suppliers who carry a large selection of scents but don't test.

For a much better leather, try Wildfire's Cowboy Up. IMO.

Yes, their liquid dyes are the best. I've gone to undyed, but when I do dye, I use theirs.

Yes, they have a lovely showroom. And yes, they rarely go out of stock on anything. I just find their oils to be common and mediocre.

But that's just me.

Edited by SliverOfWax

I order my wax & Wicks from them and I love the fact that I receive them the next day. I also tried a few FO's and none of them knocked my socks off so I don't order FO's from them. My candles normally do not have dye, but if someone requests it I use LS liquid dye, it is nice to work with. :)

For those of you saying Lonestar dye is nice to work with, did you try other liquid dyes? I'm asking because I'm not completely satisfied with the dyes but have not tried others. I actually had another post about this. I too am a HUGE Lonestar fan and have been in their wonderful showroom.

Well, I am going to get on the Lone Star bandwagon here. They have the best prices in the jars I use and I use a few of their FOs because they are great throwers for me. It is the same with all the suppliers though, some of the FOs are great and then there are the not so great ones. A few gems at every supplier.

For those of you saying Lonestar dye is nice to work with, did you try other liquid dyes? I'm asking because I'm not completely satisfied with the dyes but have not tried others. I actually had another post about this. I too am a HUGE Lonestar fan and have been in their wonderful showroom.

I had ordered few from other site's. But they were in plastic bottles and seemed messy IMO.

I bought both CS liquid dye and Lonestar's. I liked Lonestar's packaging better but they both work the same to me and are easy to work with.

Yes, I've used liquid dyes from other companies, but it's been so long ago I don't remember which ones. A couple at least have gone out of business. JC's? In the Dallas area? I think that was the name. Peak. I can't remember which others. Lone Star dyes are far superior to any others I've used.

• 3 weeks later...