My First Quilt

NancyT

Ok, I have my first quilt top completed and ready to send to the quilter. The problem is, I can't figure out how to post a pic on here. If you would be willing to post for me, please send me a pm with your e-mail address and I'll forward it to you. I'm a bit computer illiterate I guess. Thanks

Nice job! I can't wait til my mom gets her machine running again! She has a long arm:) and now she has me hooked on making quilts. I made two and I am working on the third. Just haven't had a lot of time to work on it lately.

That is GORGEOUS Nancy. You did a beautiful job and I love the colors.

I finished sewing my daughters purse today and will be cutting out my grandaughters tomorrow...this is with the Penn State fabric. I talked to her tonight and she said she was at Penn State today for something to do with starting classes in August. I know she is going to be thrilled when I give this to her...it's hard for me to keep it a secret. lol

Then I have 3 more purses to make and after that I can start my biscuit quilt. I hope my quilt looks 1/2 as good as yours does Nancy.

Thanks Lorrie & Maggie. I love the way it turned out, it looks so victorian. As soon as I saw the pattern I knew I had to make it. It was really pretty easy since the pieces are large. Maggie I'm sure your biscuit quilt will be georgeous. I plan on making 4 more quilts.....different patterns......before Christmas. I want one for my two children as well as my husbands two, for Christmas gifts. My sister in law has a commercial quilting machine so she is doing the quilting for me. Thanks again.

Oh, how lovely! Have you ever consider adopting an older child? If so I'm available if you would make me a quilt too ... :laugh2:

Seriously, though, great job. I'll have to pick your brain at the PA Gathering. I have tons of doilies my mom made and would love to find out how to attach them (like you have) and make a pseudo memory quilt.

I don't know about picking my brain, but I'd be happy to bring you a copy of the pattern I used. The doilies are all 8" so hopefully the ones you have are close to that size. Thanks for the compliment.....I've very proud of the way it turned out.

• 2 weeks later...

I LOVE LOVE THE quilt..

you did an awesome job. What a cool idea with the doilies..

Would you mind sharing the name of the pattern so I can look for a copy. I love to quilt as well. I just finished two quilts

a baby quilt and a quilt for me to keep me warm in the winter months while watching the telly..

Hugs Maggie May