Help scenting names

We are going to start making an assortment of tea lites available for our candles and have been working on names for scents that would fit a military theme.

Here is a list of names that we have come up with, can you put a scent with the name?

Desert Sandbox

Submarine Spray

Jet Stream

Hero's Homecoming

Valiant Veteran

Proud Patriot

Humanitarian Help

Rescue Mission

Stars and Stripes Salute

For example, we thought a good scent for Desert Sandbox would be 'Sun and Sand'.

If you think of another name add it to the list with its scent.

Thanks for your help.

Tom

Oooo a challenge

Desert Sandbox Desert Sage might work also. Not sure if it's available any more though, but worth a look.

Submarine Spray A deep oceanic scent or something with kelp in it might work here too. I still come back to either Moonwork's Celtic Mist or Daystar's Driftwood.

Jet Stream All I can think of is something stinky like a combination of an air and leather lol ... I'll keep thinking.

Hero's Homecoming Something festive and proud and warming. If you could smell NG's Orange Moonstone it might work.

Valiant Veteran Humble and pride and service comes to mind as well as very patriotic so I am thinking of something, possibly Cool Water or NG's Fierce.

Proud Patriot What leather scent is out there? Not a straight leather though. How about ... I think it's wrangler butts from DayStar

Humanitarian Help Got me. I will have to think harder on this one.

Rescue Mission This makes me think of animals and probably shouldn't, but there are Pooch scents out there that some think are just grand.

Stars and Stripes Salute This should be the ultimate red, white and blue scent and maybe a blueberry, cherry, vanilla with a dash of coconut might not be fitting.

Desert Sandbox - sun and sand or some spice blends

Submarine Spray - definitely an ocean type would be nice

Jet Stream - Rain type

Hero's Homecoming - Cinnamon buns type or home sweet home

Valiant Veteran - oak moss or vetiver

Proud Patriot - not sure yet

Humanitarian Help - lavender chamomile type (comforting)

Rescue Mission - maybe something energizing like grapefruit..etc

Stars and Stripes Salute - maybe an Apple or blueberry pie.

I agree with Scented on these too ;-)

I don't know if I am much help, but thats what comes to my feeble mind at the moment.

OK I'll play. I haven't actually smelled any of these scents so the suggestion is based on the description. I rarely use scents without mixing so I don't get alot of complex blends.

Desert Sandbox -- Something sweet, the sandbox makes me want something playful, maybe a really sweet agave candy like scent. Scentworks has an Agave Tequilana Cacao™ that is similar to what I'm thinking.

Submarine Spray -- Definatly oceanic, but a deep ocean scent with some seaweed notes not the light fresh coastal scent. WSPs South Pacific Waters seems close to what I'm thinking

Jet Stream -- Something fresh with lots of ozone. Just Scent's Salty sea air stands out because it's more woodsy and less floral. Candle Soylotions Fresh Air that's clean with a hint of bergamont is also one with potential.

Hero's Homecoming -- Warm homey scent. Maybe a bakery scent. I'm not even going to try suggesting because others know bakery scents way better than me. There's the classic apple pie, but something a little bit different would be nice, maybe a cake or cobbler type.

Valiant Veteran -- Something masculine, but not so masculine that it would be offputting to the girl veterans. So unisex, but bold, probobly with some strong woody notes and some more sexy ones. I hear alot of talk about NG Cracklin Birch being this type of scent so that might be a place to start. Amber and Oak from Day Star also comes to mind

Proud Patriot -- OK same as the last, bold and strong, but in a completely different direction. Maybe a more citrusy herby scent. Actually Nature's Garden's Republican sounds alot like what I'm thinking

Humanitarian Help -- Something soft and soothing: lavender, chamomile, powdery soft scents, or milks scents. Right now WSP's Cashmere and Cotton feels right

Rescue Mission -- Something high energy and exciting. Brambleberry has a Ginger Orange that could be along the right lines

Stars and Stripes Salute -- This one beggs for the apple pie symbolism . . or at least a spin on it. Aztec has an Apples & Evergreens that sounds like a good touch of apple pie with a splash of love of the land

This is actually a really interesting scent association exercise. I apparently view apple as slightly cheesy & tree scents as connected to my national pride.

Other than that I had only skimmed the other answers before posting and alot of them seem to be on the same page.

Edited by cedar_lea
added some stuff

While Cracklin' Birch is nice, it's going to leave a more femme feel. It's not overly woodsy imo.

vanilla oak might just be good for the veteran ... oaks are longlasting, sturdy, mighty, stately, proud etc.

apples 'n oak for the rescue mission might work as well, based on an apple a day keeps the doc away and your view of oaks. It's a warmed down apple scent, mcintosh I think.

Edited by Scented

Some more ideas.

Desert Sandbox - Cactus and Sea Salt from ICS

Submarine Spray - Ocean Mist form ICS

Jet Stream - Downey Clean Breeze NG

Hero's Homecoming -I agree with Home Sweet Home or Cozy Home from Millcreek

Valiant Veteran - Obsession dupe

Proud Patriot - stuck here??

Humanitarian Help - Maybe something like an Amish Friendship Bread

Rescue Mission - I agree on the upbeat citrusy scent, something with energy

Stars and Stripes Salute - I think M-E has a blueberry apple pie (best of both worlds)