IGI 6006 Issue - Need a Candle Doctor Please

Hello everyone:

I am not sure what is going on with my candles and not sure what to call it, perhaps shrinkage? This happens when the candle cools, it seems to have a ring of wax on top. This is before the candle is even burned. Any help would be greatly appreciated, tried to research it, but not even sure what it's called, so I am hitting a brick wall. TIA :-)

candle_booboo1.jpg

candle_booboo.jpg

Wax: IGI 6006

Heating: to 185

Add FO: 175

Pouring temp: 160

Cooled in preheated tumblers in oven.

Tumbler Link: http://www.lonestarcandlesupply.com/products/candlecontainers_libbey-tumbler-universal-8.25oz.html

This is happening with and without fragrance and color.

Sorry if the pics are too big, not sure how to adjust on here.

Thanks again for looking :cheesy2:

• 2 weeks later...

It just looks like you have a little movement after pouring. Not a huge deal. Wipe if you can; apply a little heat to the outside of the container if you must. I don't think I'd heatgun such a nice top. Heatgunned tops NEVER look as pretty as the smooth tops one gets when the wax is poured and cooled right. Yours look darned near perfect. :)

Is that one complete pour, or do you top off? Actually, not sure if you're asking about the film on the glass, or what appears to be a jump line in the wax near the top of the candle. If it's the film, then I'd guess you either moved the candle when the wax was hot, or poured so fast that the wax went higher than where it set. I agree w/ Stella ... it's a perfect top & a heatgun will probably cause frost. Wipe it off, or let it be.

Susan.