CC payment

LynnS

This sounds stupid but I've never got a order that the person is paying by CC.THey all do it on my site(payment goes to paypal) or else send a check/MO. A lady just ordered and wants to call me with her CC number.How do I do that??? When I get the number call it into her CC company.I am clueless.

I did offer to send her a invoice through Pay Pal.Then she pay through that but she said she would have to get back with me on it.Haven't heard anything.I assume she doesn't want to work through Pay Pal.I have good luck with that.I pay for all my supplies etc with Pay Pal.So easy but maybe some people don't like it.

So if she calls with the CC number what do I do???? How do I work that??? I haven't heard back about her wanting to work with Pay Pal(and get a invoice and money request).So guess that isn't what she wants to do. My last option is to see if she wants to pay with a check.

Any help or suggestions??? :confused:

Do you have propay or some other CC merchant account set up? If so, just get all her info over the phone that you need to manually process her card. If you only deal with Paypal for CC's then I believe you will have to send her a paypal invoice for her to pay it herself. If I am wrong I am hoping someone will step in and tell you how to go about it.

LynnS, to take CCs directly, you have to have an account thru a bank or an online processor, like Propay or Authorize.net. It will cost you a yearly fee, and a fee for each transaction - at the least. Some places charge monthly fees. I think most have a transaction amount limit(like, the largest order you can take is $250.00, 500.00, etc.), and you pay different yearly fees based on the largest transaction per month you want to have the ability to take. They've started cracking down on people who have lower transaction limits(to avoid higher fees), and then process several orders for the same person. For instance, say you have a customer that wants to place a $500.00 order, but you signed up for a limit of $250.00, and then process their card twice for $250.00 to take the order. I've heard of processors that have closed accounts for doing that, so choose the order limit you want carefully. It will take a few days to a few weeks to get an account up and active. Hopefully someone else will chime in if I've left anything out.:tiptoe:

Edited by Bernadette

Just be careful. If it is not her card, or if it is and she disputes the charge, you have no proof she made the charge (signed receipt, etc.). I hate to bring it up, but nowadays you have to assume the worst, unfortunately.

Cheers,

Steve

Brenda.I use Pay Pal/CC on my site. I just had another customer decide to do that(invoice and I am sure he paid with CC ).My website is not set up for 3 for ? so I e-mailed him when the order didn't go through and told him I bet it is because the shopping cart isn't set up right. He went through with the order. I sent him a invoice and he paid. I offered this to her with CC but she didn't get back with me.Now I sent her some other options like check or MO or she still can do Pay Pal with invoice. Waiting now to hear back.

I don't have anything set up with my bank to accept CC but will look into it. I know there is a way to take CC orders over the phone but just never dealt with it. My wholesalers pay with CC through Pay Pal. I send them invoices.they send payment.I love that option. Other customers paid with CC and it went to my Pay Pal Account.

Thanks for all these answers.I was clueless and know it is something simple but hard for me. BUT I never think about scammers.She is legit I am sure but we do have to be careful. Some people have their own ways and stay with that. I want to work with Pay Pal or check/MO.I don't use my CC. Cash only here.

LynnS

Just be careful. If it is not her card, or if it is and she disputes the charge, you have no proof she made the charge (signed receipt, etc.). I hate to bring it up, but nowadays you have to assume the worst, unfortunately.

Cheers,

Steve

Steve, when a customer places an order with me over the phone, I place it in my webstore under their name. Then I have the confirmation of placement.

I mention that because if there's ever a dispute over a charge(I've had less than 5 in 9 years), the processor sends an email that references the order #. All I have to do is fax the processor a copy of the order, and the shipping receipt that has del. conf. # and their name and address on it. I also go to the shipper's site and print the package history, which shows the delivery.

The processor takes it from there. Never had a chargeback, and have gotten apology emails from the customers saying they were sorry they forgot!

Brenda.I use Pay Pal/CC on my site. I just had another customer decide to do that(invoice and I am sure he paid with CC ).My website is not set up for 3 for ? so I e-mailed him when the order didn't go through and told him I bet it is because the shopping cart isn't set up right. He went through with the order. I sent him a invoice and he paid. I offered this to her with CC but she didn't get back with me.Now I sent her some other options like check or MO or she still can do Pay Pal with invoice. Waiting now to hear back.

I don't have anything set up with my bank to accept CC but will look into it. I know there is a way to take CC orders over the phone but just never dealt with it. My wholesalers pay with CC through Pay Pal. I send them invoices.they send payment.I love that option. Other customers paid with CC and it went to my Pay Pal Account.

Thanks for all these answers.I was clueless and know it is something simple but hard for me. BUT I never think about scammers.She is legit I am sure but we do have to be careful. Some people have their own ways and stay with that. I want to work with Pay Pal or check/MO.I don't use my CC. Cash only here.

LynnS

LynnS, when I first opened my website, all I had was Paypal, check and MO. Quit the check/MO because it took too long to get here, and for checks, took to long to clear the bank. When I added direct CC payments, my sales skyrocketed. Seriously, my sales went up 159%!:yay: There's alot of people that don't like PayPal, especially since they are owned by eBay. And believe it or not, there's a whole bunch of people that believe, rightly or wrongly, that if you only offer paypal, you are small, and not a "real" business. (Don't jump on me...that's what they tell me.:tiptoe:). In the past four years, 85% of my orders pay with direct CC. Most of the Paypal business now is reserved for international orders. If you're thinking of growing your business, I would definately consider getting an account. Try ProPay.com. Their fees aren't that bad, and like PayPal, once you hook up a bank account, you can transfer funds to your account rather quickly.

Edited by Bernadette

Steve, when a customer places an order with me over the phone, I place it in my webstore under their name. Then I have the confirmation of placement.

I mention that because if there's ever a dispute over a charge(I've had less than 5 in 9 years), the processor sends an email that references the order #. All I have to do is fax the processor a copy of the order, and the shipping receipt that has del. conf. # and their name and address on it. I also go to the shipper's site and print the package history, which shows the delivery.

The processor takes it from there. Never had a chargeback, and have gotten apology emails from the customers saying they were sorry they forgot!

Bernadette- I am PMing you!

I have the basic Paypal setup on my website. I also had Propay for anyone who wanted to buy with a credit card. I signed up for Propay for craft shows initially. There is a Propay discount link out there for Etsy users. $29a year I think. I cancelled my propay because i wasn't doing shows anymore and do not get many sales on my website.

Trudi

Naturally Tru. I am like you.Been thinking about giving up craft shows. Long hours and alot of work setting up and tearing down. The cost is staying the same but one show I pay $75.That is a good price BUT I need electric since it is Oct and it gets cold. So the cost for electric is $75. Expensive for 2 days and may not even use it if the temps reach 50-60.

This person was my first who wanted to pay CC. I don't get alot of orders on my site but do have 2 wholesales that pay through Pay Pal. If I do back out on shows I might take some time to re-do some things on my site.Make it better in any way I can.Take some things off but add couple other things.

This year craft shows are a go but next year not sure.I promised some of my craft friends and regular customers I would be back this year.This season they MIGHT get a notice to order from my site IF they will???

My goal was to open a shop on our property.My friend told me I don't have the driveway for customers.Not like I would have to direct traffic. :laugh2:

LynnS

If you open a shop on your property, you'll definitely need to have customer liability insurance. Be careful. If you do it 100% legally, your property tax could go up, too. Plus permits, etc, etc. Check zoning, too.

I personally wouldn't touch that with a 10' pole.