LOTS of questions-newbie

rachelb5499

That makes sense. I certainly have more than 30 days so it must be 30 posts or some other magic number. :)

So I tried some WSP detergent free white M&P yesterday. It was so much fun and so "simple" in comparison to CP so I LOVE that, but just saw they are doing a price increase on April 1st. :( Of course, they can't say even today what the increase will be.

And, it worked just fine but definitely is not as moisturizing as my cp so not sure about that. Guess I'll have to "play" around with it and other bases and just keep checking things out.

I'm curious about Nature's Garden, but the shipping (even when buying bulk) makes it quite a bit more than WSP's price TODAY....we'll see what it's like with their price increase. Anyone have any experience with NG's? Also, do you know if it is "Made in the USA" or not?

I'd LOVE to get into a co-op or figure out a way to save because shipping just kills me in CA...and/or CA vendors' prices are so high that shipping is cheaper but the overall cost is more than far away companies!

Did you try Essentials by Catalina? They have a very good deal on bases if you buy in bulk and they are in Cali. SLS free white base at $84 for 40 lbs. Thats $2.10 per lb. The bulk bases come in 20lb blocks and you can mix 'n match. They call it the 'soap event' at:

http://www.essentialsbycatalina.com/shop/shopexd.asp?id=876

Scroll down to the bottom of the page for the 40 lb sale.

So....WSP seems to be working okay, but they changed their base right around the time I ordered 2lbers so now I don't even know WHICH base I got and if all my testing will be in vain if I were to re-order.....plus, prices are going up April 1st anyway.

I have a "sample" order in at EBC and am now considering SFIC bases as well because I like their ingredient listing...and they, too, are in California...but to start, I think I'm going to order a small order from Wisteria Lane to test 'em out. If I like them, I may drive up there (to save on shipping) since my Grandma lives in Concord, CA where they are located and just go full speed ahead with their 5 case minimum. Maybe someone else on here will want some.

Anyway, IF you use SFIC bases, what base do YOU generally order/like/use?

So....WSP seems to be working okay, but they changed their base right around the time I ordered 2lbers so now I don't even know WHICH base I got and if all my testing will be in vain if I were to re-order.....plus, prices are going up April 1st anyway.

I have a "sample" order in at EBC and am now considering SFIC bases as well because I like their ingredient listing...and they, too, are in California...but to start, I think I'm going to order a small order from Wisteria Lane to test 'em out. If I like them, I may drive up there (to save on shipping) since my Grandma lives in Concord, CA where they are located and just go full speed ahead with their 5 case minimum. Maybe someone else on here will want some.

Anyway, IF you use SFIC bases, what base do YOU generally order/like/use?

Oh, Rachel...could you be the co-op link we need that will enable us to pay shipping only once??? Are you the m&p soap angel? I hope so! I LOVE the sfic goats milk base, and get good results with the white. I haven't tried their clear yet. But I want to. As well as EBC. I am brand new to m&p (about a year) and am wanting to test different types, but my local cost for SFIC is insane. PLEASE let me know when you do a direct pick up! :tiptoe:

P.S. I have some SFIC in stock, if you want to sample their stuff! pm me

Edited by B@BlissStreet

Oh, Rachel...could you be the co-op link we need that will enable us to pay shipping only once??? Are you the m&p soap angel? I hope so! I LOVE the sfic goats milk base, and get good results with the white. I haven't tried their clear yet. But I want to. As well as EBC. I am brand new to m&p (about a year) and am wanting to test different types, but my local cost for SFIC is insane. PLEASE let me know when you do a direct pick up! :tiptoe:

P.S. I have some SFIC in stock, if you want to sample their stuff! pm me

Bliss, you just made me crack up! :) I'm awaiting my EBC samples to test them out...and haven't tried SFIC yet but am thrilled that I might be able to save even MORE money by buying direct and picking it up. AND I've seen that a lot of people like/use them and LOVE their ingredients' listings. IF I did a co-op (after trying the product and hopefully loving it like so many others), I'd probably have to get people to order in fairly large quantities.....I have a full-time job, raise my nephew full-time as a "single aunt," etc....plus, my bath and body business so I wouldn't really be able to do a TON of little shipments, but it might be worth looking into/checking.

For me, living in CA, Wisteria Lane's price plus shipping isn't too bad either...but I love saving any and every way I can. Have you checked them as a vendor and what the shipping would be for you?

Since I've never used SFIC (yet), I have what might be an "odd" question......have you mixed any of their bases? Say something like half "low sweat" with half goat's milk? If so, what were your results?

I, obviously, would love to and need to try some SFIC, but with shipping, I imagine, it would be just as much as for me to buy it from Wisteria Lane as to pay you?

Right now I have 8lbs in a cart for approximately $2.50 each (various kinds) and the shipping is $12.26 so basically $32.00 for 8lbs....this breaks down to $4.00/lb for me to "test" 'em out which isn't great but certainly isn't bad. What were you thinking? (PM me if you don't want to say "publicly." LOL)

• 2 weeks later...

I JUST got my SFIC "samples" from Wisteria Lane. Yay! I purchased 1lb of SEVERAL different kinds, but already just poured low sweat white to start testing. As far as melting, pouring, etc., this behaved WAY BETTER than EBC's natural white base! I'm SO EXCITED to try the others. Bliss, I MAY just be the co-op connection you've been praying for! :) Obviously have to try melting and pouring the others, see how they behave AND how they feel, but just pouring this one has me excited! I think SFIC is going to be "the one."

I have a couple of people on one of the other forums who have emailed me so if I DO go to SFIC to purchase product, I already know I can meet the minimum easy between what I know I will want personally and with what they want. (At least two people have committed to 50-100lbs each). If anyone here is interested in buying a minimum of 30lbs when and if I go and make SFIC my "source," feel free to email me at owner@jbinspirations.com, and I'll email you before I place my order to see if you need/want anything from SFIC.

Can you tell I'm hyped? LOL

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

It seems like I read you have to purchase a different type of insurance than our candle insurance..is that correct?

I did a search but can not find anything. Thanks so much to all you girls for such a fun and inspiring post and sharing all your recipes!

Hugs

Michele