Holy crap Candlewic!!!

Does anyone do much business with them? I looked at them for some jars and they are trying to rip me a new one on shipping. I checked the Jar Store and Candlwic for these jars. Both have them, both are the same on price. So I did a mock order on both to see what the shipping would be. Same amount of jars (180), same shipping carrier (UPS)... Jar Store 30.90 shipping, Candlwic 153.47. I checked and Candlewic is in PA and Jar Store is in CT. I'm in KY so PA is closer to me than CT is so why the hell is there a difference of 122.57 in shipping???? That is a HUGE difference. So guess who's NOT getting my jar order??? :tiptoe:

If you are ordering from Jar Store get that order in today. They sent out an email recently about a big price increase happening. I think it goes up as of March 1st but I can't be sure...there have been so many of those emails lately I may be confusing the date with another supplier, either way it IS coming and soon.

I would call CW - that may be a error. I've always found them to be pretty good with shipping costs....

I would call CW too.

Maybe the jar store shipping cart is off. 30.58 for 180 jars sounds cheap to me?? You may want to call them too!! :rolleyes2 Could be a glitch in their cart.

You'd all better believe UPS (all carriers, but most suppliers use UPS) is going to take every advantage they can think of to increase shipping costs. And will they come back down when gas prices decrease? Of course not!

It's how they are.

A couple of years ago when gas was $4.00+/gal, UPS charges shot up. When they didn't come down in keeping with gas prices decreasing, I emailed them and asked them why. They blew a lot of smoke about their costs, surcharges, blah blah blah, none of which was believable.

Yes, it sounds like these suppliers in the OP need to check their carts. Both prices seem off. But get ready for a big screwing on shipping because it's here! And there won't be a thing you can do about it.

I just did the same on 14 cases of the same jar from both. I live in NY and shipping was 78.88 from Candlewic and from the Jar Store it was 58.46!! I purchase almost all of my supplies from Candlewic and they are only 3 hours away so if I feel like a road trip I pick up. Guess I will be checking shipping from now on!! Same order from SKS BOTTLE in NY had shipping to me for 46.68 on the same jars!

Tina

Since I had seen on here previously that the Jar Store was going up soon (tomorrow actually) and no one seemed to know if it was going to a substanial or not, I went ahead and ordered from them today. So we'll see if they contact me about the shipping charges being off (or if they would since it's their fault if it's incorrect). I know if my cart was not putting in enough shipping I certainly wouldn't go back and ask my customers for it. I'd make sure I fixed it though so I wasn't having to eat shipping.

Since I had seen on here previously that the Jar Store was going up soon (tomorrow actually) and no one seemed to know if it was going to a substanial or not, I went ahead and ordered from them today. So we'll see if they contact me about the shipping charges being off (or if they would since it's their fault if it's incorrect). I know if my cart was not putting in enough shipping I certainly wouldn't go back and ask my customers for it. I'd make sure I fixed it though so I wasn't having to eat shipping.

Ya know.. I did have a supplier that came back to me once.

Their cart said 0 for shipping on my order.

Thought maybe they were having a free shipping sale. :confused:

Well they called and wanted my CC # for the shipping charge.

(It was under $20.00 ) :rolleyes2

I hope they don't call you, but don't be surprised if they do...

Hmm, The jar store has a better price on tureens with lids than LS and I'll have to compare shipping. I thing LS has a better shipping because its closer. BUT all the jars I like are out of stock or back order.

I have also found the shipping from candlewick to be high. I buy rolls of wicks from them and occasional palm, and sometimes a few FO's to throw into the box, but that's it. Mostly wick rolls. No jars.

I have used Candlewic pretty much exclusively for my Gel and votive glasses. I am in Upstate NY, and although at first I thought the shipping charges seemed high, the weight of the packages made all the difference. I do not believe they charge much more (if at all) than the UPS calculator shows. I would call them also.

What jars were you trying to order? I just put in a mock order for 288 votive holders, and their FedEX shipping was actually about $1.00 less than UPS (~$52 vs. ~$53) to Rochester, NY.

Edited by JAVAEBOY