Seeking a supplier of clamshells that hold 3.5 oz of actual wax

AlwaysWondering

@Candbee, yep all the way to the tippy top top top, could not fit one more drop. Finished weight, including clam shell, is 2.9 to 3.0 ounces. Made three of them. This one said it held 3.5 ounces. In my dreams!

@Dee, I saw those but the one's I bought were exactly those dimensions and they do not hold 3.5 oz.

Edited by AlwaysWondering

They have the bigger ones that are supposed to hold 5-6 oz wax, they say 1 oz per cube. 100 of them are only showing to be 31.25 but 50 of the smaller ones are showing to be 18.00 something for 50. I went ahead and bought 200 of the bigger size since they are cheaper than the smaller ones.

They have the bigger ones that are supposed to hold 5-6 oz wax, they say 1 oz per cube. 100 of them are only showing to be 31.25 but 50 of the smaller ones are showing to be 18.00 something for 50. I went ahead and bought 200 of the bigger size since they are cheaper than the smaller ones.

Where at Dee??? for the larger ones?

Well I think it includes shipping. Now that everything you buy on site there includes shipping now. I'll have to check it out. Thanks again!!!

yeah it does include shipping so 31.25 for 100 with shipping for the bigger size compared to $18.75 for 50 for the smaller size. for 100 of those ones it would be $37.50. I figured I better go ahead and order them lol. They say the bigger ones each cube weighs 1 oz, the smaller ones each cube weighs 1/2 ounce. so weird that the bigger ones are cheaper for 100 of them.

• 2 weeks later...
Lone Stars are 144 for 39.00. They are 3.5 and good ones.

Thanks but these appear to be the smaller ones. Each cube holds .4 oz of wax so that makes 2.4 oz. Even overfilling won't get me to 3.5 oz of wax. Maybe I'm dreaming that I saw 3.5 oz of actual wax clamshells somewhere.

Google brings up several that say they are 3.5 oz but I really think you might be getting the same thing you already have and people are just rounding up or using the old "approximately". You might see what google brings up for you or check with a couple of the actual manufacturers.

Different waxes do weigh different amounts. Maybe they were using a denser wax than what you are using. With our preblend wax we can fit 3 oz in a clamshell easilly.

Yes, very true. However, it would be a huge density difference to go from 2.8 to 3.5 in a same size clamshell. My search continues. Wholesale Supplies Plus carries a larger one but they are $31 for 50 pieces. Yes, free shipping but still a lot to pay. Would love to find the wholesaler for those.

WSP also has an even bigger one like I said earlier in the thread it holds 6 oz and is 30 something for 100 shipped.

If MC ever gets theirs back in stock says 4-1 they hold 3.5 oz

Hi Dee!,

The one I'm looking at with WSP is the 6 oz one, which is fine with me, but its shows the price as $31.51 for 50, not 100. I might bite the bullet. Maybe I should call Impact and see if they have a size I want and the do a co-op.

http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/ProductDetail.aspx?CategoryID=1684&ProductID=7841

The ones from MC are bigger than the ones from Cierra, Alabaster, Aztek, BCN. I got some from MC before and the ones I had were a PITA to close. I just ordered some of these http://www.candleclamshells.com. They have ones that say they hold 3.5 and larger ones that hold 6 oz. There is a minimum of 875 clamshells for the 3.5 ones, but, at the price I couldn't pass it up (come out to be .19 a piece after shipping). I'm always running out or running low when I get them from anywhere else only getting 300 or so not to mention paying more. This will make sure I'm stocked for awhile.

Here's a link to where this company was previously discussed.

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94164&highlight=panic+plastics

They did ship the same day, but, since they are in CA I won't have them till Monday.

The ones from MC are bigger than the ones from Cierra, Alabaster, Aztek, BCN. I got some from MC before and the ones I had were a PITA to close. I just ordered some of these http://www.candleclamshells.com. They have ones that say they hold 3.5 and larger ones that hold 6 oz. There is a minimum of 875 clamshells for the 3.5 ones, but, at the price I couldn't pass it up (come out to be .19 a piece after shipping). I'm always running out or running low when I get them from anywhere else only getting 300 or so not to mention paying more. This will make sure I'm stocked for awhile.

Here's a link to where this company was previously discussed.

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94164&highlight=panic+plastics

They did ship the same day, but, since they are in CA I won't have them till Monday.

Thank you very much!