Choosing the right jar type for my wood wick testing

Hello all!I ordered some wood wicks to test and I just can't seem to decide what kind of jar to use.I always see wood wicks in the interlude jars but I kinda wanna try something different.Any suggestions on what you would think wood wicks would look good in?I'm just curious to see what other people think.Thanks!

Wood wicks usually have larger flames than corded wicks, so that will mean it will produce more heat. So I prefer to avoid jars that neck down, like apothecary style, so as not to trap the heat in the jar and burn the wax any faster than necessary. Instead, I use the Status style because of it's straight sides. I wish I could get the Interlude style here in Perth, because just about EVERYONE here uses the Status style jars :(

Anyway, that is just my preference. Good luck.

I just ran across this wooden wick idea and am intrigued.

Could you use them in an 8 ounce tin?

Aren't these expensive?

I wonder how to know which size to use...one site I was on had different sizes but no infor on what type container to use.

Alos where are you buying them from?

Thanks

Interlude seems dangerous. Did you see the thread called, "Please, please, Help Me!"? The Interlude candle became a dangerous torch.

I've seen Interlude wood wick candles on Etsy with this note: "You should only burn your candle for 2 hours at a time." But they don't explain WHY: Because it could blow up!!!

Hi Katshe,

I haven't personally worked with tins yet so I don't have a knowledgeable opinion on them. But my guess is they would get hot pretty quickly with the wooden wicks. Truly, you could use a wooden wick with just about anything, even the apothecaries mentioned above, but you'd have to keep the wick pretty small. But when it comes to wooden wicks, you don't want small... the smaller you go, the less crackle sound the wick will make, which really is the only benefit to the wooden wicks. But small may be the perfect size without over wicking, and you definitely do not want to over wick.

So far I have come across two types of wooden wicks out there... Unity's (which can be found at suppliers like Lonestar), and Bitter Creek North's. I have tested both, and I personally feel more comfortable with the BCN wicks. However, I prefer the Unity wick tabs, lol.

HTH

Susan

Edited by jonsie

I just ran across this wooden wick idea and am intrigued.

Could you use them in an 8 ounce tin?

Aren't these expensive?

I wonder how to know which size to use...one site I was on had different sizes but no infor on what type container to use.

Alos where are you buying them from?

Thanks

I don't see why you couldn't use them in tins,but I am in no way an expert on this so maybe someone else may know.As for prices,I think 12 of the large ones are almost $5,so I suppose they are a bit pricey.I got a couple sample packs at lonestar. I will be going by their guide under candle making university,wood wicks.I have no idea if they're going to work,but i'm gonna give it the old college try in 8 oz status jars I think ;)