Packaging dilema~ suggestions, ideas?

ah-soy

Later this Spring I'm going to do a charity craft fair for my daughter's church. I was only going to take lotions, perfume oils and little gift sets of the same. Lately I've been re-visiting lava lip glosses that I use to make many moons ago and think the young crowd will like those.

So my dilema is... my perfume oils are packaged in roll on bottles and of course, that is what lava gloss is packaged in. I know I can label them differently so it's clear what is what, but I can just see someone rolling lip gloss on their wrists and perfume oil on their lips anyway. :shocked2:

Any ideas of how I can change up the packaging for the glosses or the perfumes?

Someone's gotta carry the clear boxes that either the perfume or the lip gloss can fit into. That way they have to open the package to get at the product and they can't do that fast enough. You provide a sample of the perfumes don't you? If you do, box up your perfumes, but I would be inclined to box both.

Thanks guys. Scented I will have a little display for testing/sniffing the perfume oils, but not the lip glosses for obvious reasons. I think I'll shrink wrap both and maybe make small "lip" stickers to go on top of the lip gloss.

I could use different color caps but I already have the bottles with white caps and I'm not sure where to order just the colored caps for them. Open to getting them if anyone know where I can order caps.

Lip Balm lids:

http://www.thesage.com/catalog/LipBalmContainers.html

I like the box idea for the perfumes also. I'd just shrink the lip balms though.

Boxes: possible idea?

http://www.bestbottles.com/all_bottles/accessories/velvet_bags_organza_gusseted_bags_gift_box_wedding_favor.php

Trudi

Edited by NaturallyTru

I haven't looked for different colored caps since this past Oct. but spent hours and found virtually none. I ended up using the clear plastic rollons from Elements for the lava gloss. I packaged them in the cello bags from AC Moore using their weekly half price coupons. I made a fold over band for the top which I stapled in place. They looked quite nice if I must say so. The perfume rollons I did in the glass purple roll on also from Elements and just labeled them with the stick on labels. The ingredients for those easily fit on one of the address size labels. It would have been difficult to confuse the two products.

If I opened a roll-on bottle, I would think it would register on my brain immediately if I was smelling a perfume or a lip gloss. At least my sense of smell has always been good enough that as soon as I uncap something, that scent hits me and I know what I've got in my hand; I'm assuming 99% of everybody else is that way. It's great that you care enough to make it as easy and safe for people as possible, but I wouldn't get too worried about it as I think most people will realize they're about to roll strawberry lip gloss on their wrists or patchouli perfume on their lips. If you have them labeled correctly on the bottle that's really all you're responsible for.