Partylite votives that turned liquid?

I know years ago when I went to Partylite party's they had votives that would turn to liquid wax in no time. They were paraffin, at least 35 years ago, so nice looking. And with a small skinny wick, no high flame, burned slow and would be liquid for the whole time, yet they were not soft feeling. Anyone knows what kind of wax that wax.

They sold pretty holders to burn them in and if they weren't tight they would run all over. Wonder if they still burn clear today?

I used to sell partylite 16 years ago and still have a container of their votives- the type of paraffin they used was never disclosed to us but I agree- they burned so nice and turned to liquid in no time, at that time they claimed the liquifying burn was resulting in a cleaner burn but my walls showed otherwise- they were black from the soot -probably the type of wick they used-not sure

After I stopped selling I did still buy from a lady in the area but its been at least 5 years since then so I dont know if they use the same formula today but if you would like me to send you a couple to ananlyze I could- I know nothing about paraffin wax as I only make soy- never even seen what a slab of paraffin looks like!

I used to sell partylite 16 years ago and still have a container of their votives- the type of paraffin they used was never disclosed to us but I agree- they burned so nice and turned to liquid in no time, at that time they claimed the liquifying burn was resulting in a cleaner burn but my walls showed otherwise- they were black from the soot -probably the type of wick they used-not sure

After I stopped selling I did still buy from a lady in the area but its been at least 5 years since then so I dont know if they use the same formula today but if you would like me to send you a couple to ananlyze I could- I know nothing about paraffin wax as I only make soy- never even seen what a slab of paraffin looks like!

I have a couple of t-lites left from all those years ago. One still has the wick and it is soo thin, like a needle. I was just thinking if I could find paraffin that melted that quick and was still firm. I could add to my soy and they would be perfect... I'm dreaming instead of working...again...

Petrolatum or crisco were popular paraffin additives to soften wax and maximize scent throw. Never tried making votives with them. But have tried each seperately in container candles at 1-5%. Candles didn't liquify and didn't see any real difference in the burn or scent throw to justify spending money on either additive. But some candlemakers swear by them.

BTW-- petrolatum has the consistency of vaseline so its possible they could have used a 50/50% blend or somthing to make them super soft and meltable while retaining good scent throw.

I used to sell partylite years ago and the only thing they would disclose about their wax/formula was....it is highly refined paraffin wax and they use unbleached cotton wicks and some wicks with a paper core. I know its not much but thats ALL they would ever let the customers know.

Many years ago I sold Party Lite, and I remember at a meeting they explained that the wax was "whipped" to produce the creamy look and the ability to liquify. I didn't know much about candles then. Just that I liked to burn them.