Bad Customer Service from Jar Store

This was my second order from Jar store. First order was great. I am using Libbey 102 wisper jars. Through heavy testing I have a great candle with this jar and was just getting traction to move foward with my product and get things off the ground. I received a new order of jars only 2 cases for now and plannned on a huge bulk order of glass after tax refund comes. But now I have a big problem. The flat glass lids they sent me on this order are real poor quality and will give these jars the look of a second hand product . I called them and spoke to two Ladies there and the first person seemed willing to help and said they have been getting plenty of calls on this quality. She then put on Paula who was unwilling to help or stand by there products. Paula said she would not replace these lids and I was stuck with this junk because it was a Libbey manurfactured lid (made in mexico). There web site states customer satisfaction so what gives.

Call again and through a hissy fit!

Their policy:

Product Returns

If we make an error we will correct it to your complete satisfaction at no cost to you. If you are not happy with the jars we send, we will gladly accept your return and refund the cost of the product. We require a Return Authorization which is obtainable by calling us. You must pay for the return freight and repackage the product so it reaches us in good condition. Your refund will reflect a 15% charge to cover packaging and restocking expenses. Failure to obtain a Return Authorization prior to returning merchandise may result in higher return charges.

Do you have a rep?

Trudi

I also use the 102 Whisper I have found that my customers prefer the dome lids (not the bubble lids) over the flat lids. Unfortunately the dome lids are more expensive. Oh well...

Cheers,

Steve

P.S. Just read my other reply and it could be taken as snarky. That was not the way I meant it :smiley2:.

Hey Trudi, by the time I send them back and pay for shipping back to them , plus I paid for shipping to receive them and minus there 15% restock fee Im gonna end up losing money just for principle. I have thought about that though!! Thanks for looking out.

Here is the link for TVG that funkymonkey is talking about. I ordered from them a few times and they were very nice on the phone and the jars were great. But...I can drive to Fillmore...less than an hour from me so I buy from them now.

http://www.tvguilfoil.com/

This website has been dead for quite a while. At least my computer can't access anything.

Steve

TVG site is useless and always has been. But the quality is good and the service is great.

The number I have is 315-453-0920 and I talk to Phil I think it is. I had a lid problem and they shipped me replacements with no problem once they figured out what was wrong.

If you call they will fax or mail your their price list and it has some of the products on it or just call and ask them if they have what you want to use. They have jars that I have never seen on their price lists but I also haven't had a current list in a while as I just order the same old, same old.

Edited by TraciS

I'm sorry I left you hanging, been pretty busy this weekend. Call 315-457-5277. They'll send you a price list. If you are close enough just swing by and he'll give you a bunch of sample jars to see what works for you. Phil,Tim and Jeanie are really great. I'm up there at least twice a month and I always end up hanging around to chit chat they are just good people.

Here is the address.

121 Dwight Park Circle

Syracuse, NY 13209-1005