ARGH what a mess, help please?

I am starting to branch out and am testing waxes for votives now.

Anyway, I ordered some of NG's Bliss wax and it arrived today w/ some other items (votive molds, wick sets, etc) and the bag the wax arrived in apparently got some small tears/slices/holes in it somewhere before delivery.

Now I have the granules stuck to everything that came in the box with them, about 1/2 inch deep layer on the bottom of the box (maybe only 1/4 inch deep, its a big box). And granules that managed to leak out of the bottom of the box when I brought it into the house and to my craft room/area before I realized anything was wrong.

I managed to transfer what was left of the 10 lb bag into another box (plastic lined) w/o additional mess, but I already have a huge one as it is.

Any suggestions on how to get this cleaned up the easiest way possible? The granules are 'stuck' to everything they've come in contact with (like static electricity stuck).

I figured I should be able to safely vacuum the floor, but I had some glass jars, lids and other items...some I could probably throw in a warm oven to melt off the wax, but others are plastic and not 'oven'/'heat' safe plastic either.

Also anyone know how NG handles things like this? I shot off an email about it a bit ago, but this is the first time I've had trouble with any shipments from them since I've been ordering...also first time I've ordered wax from them too.

Please help?

--Aileene

I'd suggest taking whatever got covered in graules and just running water over it (preferably over a bucket or basin to keep the wax out of your plumbing. Why melt it if you don't have to? When you're done, take a tea towel or something similar and line a strainer, strain the water and throw out the granules (since you don't know everything they came in contact with, I'm not sure I'd try to salvage them).

NG is amazing about things like this... you emailed them you said and I did hear they were out of the office today due to weather, so I would give them till tomorrow and it will be taken care of =)

You could always get on their Facebook page and Deb watches that =)

When this happened with some Palm granules I was able to get the wax off the plastic and glass items by using a dryer sheet. Didn't have to use much pressure ~ just enough to break that static cling. I imagine a dusting cloth would be able to do the same thing. Even used it on the wax bag. Caught the clinging wax in a plastic bag. That worked very quickly.

Don't think I would try to melt the wax unless it is a last resort. It just creates another mess.

The vacuum cleaner picked it up from the carpet. HTH

Edited by Judy, USMC

Thanks everyone :)

I didn't even consider a dryer sheet, since it seems like the 'stick' is a static cling thing, this should work perfectly, along with a rinse.

I was really dreading having to 'melt' if off, as stated, it would have just been another mess lol.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

--Aileene