I Need Some Ideas and Suggestions Please

Hey everyone-

I have been trying for weeks to wick a flippin heart shaped pillar with ecosoya pb and it is just not working out...

I used 6% FO from CS and the mold itself is about 3.5" at the widest and I have tried:

1- cd 6- it works as far as meltpool not busting thru but very weak flame and a oval shaped meltpool that doesnt look cool

1-cd 8- way to hot- it bust thru within 2 hours

1-eco 8- way to hot also

1- eco 10- way to hot

1-htp 83- it works but again to weak of flame- looks wimpy

2- c60- not hot enough

3- htp 52- it is looking alright but may reach the edge and bust next lighting

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to try and what is best- 1 wick or 3?

I really wanted a couple for Valentines Day for my friend who owns a massage center to have burning for her VDay Specials

And yes this is my first attempt at pillars and I am pretty much thinking I hate em

We don't make pillar candles but make the heart shaped glass jar candles and use 3 wicks. These jars can be found at Wal Mart.Sometimes have star glass jars too.

Love to try pillars but husband is doing the work now. No way will one more thing be added. :laugh2:

LynnS

Heart shaped glass jars- those sound very cool!!

I am on my last test wick with this heart and then throwing in the towel! LOL

The three wick I tried burned straight down to the paper plate I had it on within a half hour and almost set the plate on fire- not good!! LOL:cheesy2:

I used htp 52's which I have done the 16oz tins in before and they worked well but I guess a pillar is whole different breed- a breed I pretty much think I will adventure in way later down the road

Thanks for the reply

IMO, Ecosoya PB does not make great pillars - no matter how you wick them. I tried it extensively a couple years back and they just didn't cut it for me.

I went to palm and sometimes parasoy...

Maybe someone else has had success with it.

Ditto. Love the scent throw but couldn't get pillars wicked right. Now I use it only to make votives and tarts.

Thanks Candybee and Nursenancy!

I am starting to think the same thing.....I love it for votives also but this heart thing not so much! and a heart was probably not the smartest choice for first pillar ever! LOL

Trying another htp and then will move on to something less frustrating:cheesy2:

Thank you so much