News from Tradewinds

Candybee

Electric Kiwi is on sale at their site. I have been eye balling that one too. It looks very intense and I love the shade.

Looked over their color charts too. They put up seperate PDF files for each color application so no guessing what to mix. The formula is right there. Gotta love that! They even have one CP soap, one for opaque applications like white M&P, and one for clear M&P. Very nice!

Electric Kiwi is on sale at their site. I have been eye balling that one too. It looks very intense and I love the shade.

The color is incredible. Use False Blue with Electric Kiwi and you will have an amazing color. I do this for marine scented soaps and body wash. Sells like crazy. BTW, that picture on their new site is NOT the color at all. In actuality, the Electric kiwi is just that- an electric yellow green.

I have a lot of Electric Kiwi on hand. I go through it quickly. I have never used a color like it. One drop of it mixed with some Lemon Yellow really intesifies the yellow beautifully.

I do not use the color chart, but it is great that they provide one. I think that I have used SS for so long that I know what works by now. I no longer use the purple. It is a nice color, but I prefer to mix the Violet Red with the False Blue.

Yes, I mix false blue with electric kiwi to make an "electric ocean" color. It is really beautiful. I make about 6 different greens in my line by using electric kiwi, lemon yellow, and false blue. Fiddle around and you will love what you come up with.

Other blends of SS that I do include mixing violet red / muted red. Sometimes you want that rosy red color. Try 1 part false blue to 3 part violet red for an incredible purple. For a more "wisteria" colored purple, do 1 part false blue to 2 part violet red. For a blue purple, do 1 false blue to 1 violet red.

The colors that I use in SS all of the time are: Muted Red, Violet Red, Lemon Yellow, Electric Kiwi, and False Blue. (I do have the Marmalade too, but I do not view this as a necessary color because the muted red and lemon yellow together make beautiful orange.) I have used the Purple Velvet and the Aquamarine with great success. I just honestly don't need those colors.

I use SS in all of my soaps, not just MP. It is great stuff.

thanks...i will have to give these a try..:)

quote=Noodle;886171]Yes, I mix false blue with electric kiwi to make an "electric ocean" color. It is really beautiful. I make about 6 different greens in my line by using electric kiwi, lemon yellow, and false blue. Fiddle around and you will love what you come up with.

Other blends of SS that I do include mixing violet red / muted red. Sometimes you want that rosy red color. Try 1 part false blue to 3 part violet red for an incredible purple. For a more "wisteria" colored purple, do 1 part false blue to 2 part violet red. For a blue purple, do 1 false blue to 1 violet red.

The colors that I use in SS all of the time are: Muted Red, Violet Red, Lemon Yellow, Electric Kiwi, and False Blue. (I do have the Marmalade too, but I do not view this as a necessary color because the muted red and lemon yellow together make beautiful orange.) I have used the Purple Velvet and the Aquamarine with great success. I just honestly don't need those colors.

I use SS in all of my soaps, not just MP. It is great stuff.

I love blending my own colors and creating new ones. The one I have been most dissapointed in is my current Lavender. I want to try the SS to see if I can't get a more satisfactory shade of lavender. Lilac too. Want a bit of blue tint in mine.

I know exactly what you mean with lavender. Try mixing the violet red with the false blue. Once you reach your desired shade of purple, you can even bottle it separately for really large batches.

I wish that SS would come in brown, instead of my having to mix up a brown.