Sweet potato pie from NG

EllyM

Threw great for me too...and I like it.

I had only 1 sale when I took it to an open house several years ago that I used to do with my Mary Kay rep.

I was shocked. One of HER customers came that I had met before. Anyway...she brought a friend with her and I kept looking at her and finally asked her what was her maiden name. I said...OMG...I know you from when we were kids. I told her who I was and she couldn't believe it either. Anyway...the other lady was looking and sniffing candles while we were talking and she said...OMG Sandy she has Sweet Potato Pie...your favorite. So Sandy bought 2 candles...and that was all I ever sold. lol

Some people don't like sweet potatoes so that must be the problem.

That is definitely one reason. The other reason is that many customers simply cannot relate to the "smell" of sweet poatoes no matter how good it is. They just find it odd. A few even asked me what gender this scent was for. I think that perhaps it is because sweet potatoes are vegetables. Years ago, you could not give a way a bakery scent. People could just not relate to smelling like anything "foody". Now those scents do very well. Someday sweet potato may sell without having to modify the name.