Desperately Need Help!

blueparrot67

Has anyone used the liquid hand soap base from Save on Scents?

I have been trying to come up with the correct recipe with this base and just when I think I've got it right it falls apart.

I mix my FO, Polysorbate 20, soap and additives all together and let it sit over night. The next day the first pump out of the bottle is water.

Obviously there is seperation from some where but I can't figure it out.

I've tried Emulsyfing Wax but that made the soap stick to the sides of my clear bottle (not very attractive).

This is a soap base that is ready to go - no cooking it.

Any suggestions will be very appreciated.

:confused:

It's a liquid hand soap base that they tell me all I need to do is add my FO and any additives I want and it's good to go.

But it is not working. It lathers great, feels good after you've dried your hands but after it sits for a day the first pump is watery. Which means there is a thin layer of water on the bottom of the bottle.

I would try poly 80. 20 is used for lighter oils and 80 for heavier oils. so if 20 isn't doing the trick I would try 80. are you mixing the poly and fo and then adding to liquid soap? need a bit more info....it could be the order you are doing things. it could be the base, it could be the fo, could be a combo of a few things.

Also are you heating the base to help with mixing of all your addatives? Start by warming your base a few seconds at a time in the microwave 10-20 seconds at a time. what all are you adding? are you adding anything with water in it?

Edited by tlc26