Need advise - finally got a sellable product

After 6 plus months of R & D I finally got a great looking container candle that I can produce. Same results every time. Cold throw , HT both awesome. Burns great all the way down. What advise can be given on marketing my product. I am using a pariffin and soy blend that I am mixing myself . Do I tell people its a soy blend candle , a parasoy candle, a premium wax candle ????? appreciate all advise

Edited by beans

Regardless of your choice of marketing, it's important to correctly spell your product. It's PARAFFIN.

That said, I'm really not understanding your question. Have you perfected ONE candle? One scent? One container? Do you plan to make a buttload of just this one candle and try to sell just this one scent? Shoot, I wish I'd thought of that. lolol.

I would recommend you check our the business section of this forum. There are a lot of marketing tips there, including craft fairs, websites, wholesale, consignment.

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11

My accountant helped me to form an LLC and then get federal and state tax numbers. I now do my taxes monthly on-line and submit my end of the year stuff to the accountant. There are some good threads about liability insurance and you will need to decide if you are retail or wholesale or both. Web sites, domains and all that stuff will take you time and effort and not necessarily money. Start small, word of mouth is your best friend. Careful about oral contracts with wholesalers or entering into agreements with cosignment shops. Slow and easy.

Steve

My accountant helped me to form an LLC and then get federal and state tax numbers. I now do my taxes monthly on-line and submit my end of the year stuff to the accountant. There are some good threads about liability insurance and you will need to decide if you are retail or wholesale or both. Web sites, domains and all that stuff will take you time and effort and not necessarily money. Start small, word of mouth is your best friend. Careful about oral contracts with wholesalers or entering into agreements with cosignment shops. Slow and easy.

Steve

I think she was asking how to market her wax. As in what to call it. I say para-soy or soy blend.

Steve

lol, I think you must have posted to the wrong thread.

I would word it as a custom blend then expand on that to the para-soy idea. My custom blended oils sell better than my manufacturer's oils. People like to think they are buying something really unique. I offer a standard apple pie, cinnabuns, apple berry and blueberry and then I also selling custom blends of the same scents...the custom blends always outsell the STD blends.

Regardless of your choice of marketing, it's important to correctly spell your product. It's PARAFFIN.

That said, I'm really not understanding your question. Have you perfected ONE candle? One scent? One container? Do you plan to make a buttload of just this one candle and try to sell just this one scent? Shoot, I wish I'd thought of that. lolol.

I would recommend you check our the business section of this forum. There are a lot of marketing tips there, including craft fairs, websites, wholesale, consignment.

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11

What I've done is I made over 100 testers over the last 6 months working hard to get a formula that works. I am happy with it now and my last 15 testers with different FO perform the same and I feel confident that its a good product. Sorry I left out the parts of different fo's, different %, % of wax blends etc. , most important lots of$$ doing research. Just looking to see what most would really call a Soy Paraffin bled of wax candle to their customers.

[What advise can be given on marketing my product/QUOTE]

LOL. I answered the right one just not the right answer for the real question. I don't list my candle as being anything at all. No customers have ever asked me if its soy or if I use a lead wick or anything like that; they just pick the things up and smell em. I doubt anyone is going to care if you call it parasoy or blended wax or proprietary blend. IMHO less is best.

Steve

If you are going to use a Paraffin wax that is blended with soy then I would suggest not calling it a soy blend because this alludes people to it being a soy candle versus a blend containing Paraffin. Some people do not know or have sense enough to ask what is a blend... I would call it a Para-Soy Blend so that people know that your candles contain both!

Hope this makes sense.:)