Candlewic

Candlewic has fantastic customer service.

I really like the following:

mac apple

sweet cinn. pumpkin

orange ginger

lilac

bananas n cream

butterscotch pudding

mango peach salsa

storm watch

fresh vanilla

hot buttered rum

blackberry sage

apple pie

Shipping is kinda high on the 20 1 oz oils though

yeah- I noticed that, so i added a block of wax and the shipping stayed the same!! and I only live 3 hours away from them!

then we are getting a snowstorm here in PA tonite, so my order probably won't get here til Mon.

oh well, give me something to do next weekend! I do love getting new smelly stuff though!!

have fun with it all-kris

They are a good supplier, while we don't stock a lot of their fragrances, they are generally a good source. We also use Peak, Candle Science and Wholesale Supplies Plus. Nature's Garden is also good. We frequently will purchase a selection of smaller bottles (even though the per ounce cost is more) just to be able to test them in various products. It is a short term expense for potentially long term benefits.

I finally broke down and ordered 11 samples. I use quite a few of their Ultimate/Extreme Bold fragrances now...and actually have more in my shop to test but haven't been working like I should be. I've been using their CBL130 since summer 2007, their LX wicks, their palm-2 wax, their 3035 wax for votives and tarts, their shea butter soap base...and probably more if I could think off the top of my head. Oh...all of my votive molds, pillar molds and wick pins are from them too.

Like ChrisR said...their other scents ARE hit or miss. They were the 2nd supplier that I ordered from in 2001. The Red Apple Peel was good and one of their laundry type scents...can't remember the name and don't know if they still have it...but it was good too. But everything else I tried in their regular line either were weak in my wax or I hated the smell...especially the Banana Nut Bread...smelled like puke to me oob and just the same while burning. Back then when there were quite a few boards there seemed to be more critical of CW but I think they have gotten better. I know their customer service is fantastic...Bill Binder was a big help to me with the wicking and pouring advice for the palm pillars.

And they are less than 2 hours from me. I am hoping that someday I can get over to their store/warehouse...just have to get up the nerve to drive the PA turnpike around the Philly area. Don't know if you have to get on the Schuykyll Expressway...also known as the SUREKILL Expressway or not...I HATE that stretch of road.

Oh...and my UPS ground shipping was kind of high too for living close. I sure wish they would use USPS flat rate boxes.

"And they are less than 2 hours from me. I am hoping that someday I can get over to their store/warehouse...just have to get up the nerve to drive the PA turnpike around the Philly area. Don't know if you have to get on the Schuykyll Expressway...also known as the SUREKILL Expressway or not...I HATE that stretch of road.

Oh...and my UPS ground shipping was kind of high too for living close. I sure wish they would use USPS flat rate boxes."

Yeah, the Surekill Expressway can be quite an experience! You might not have to get on that road to get there. I buy wax and other stuff there and have it shipped. For what little I use it's not worth driving there and paying for gas and Turnpike tolls. And then there's the aggravation factor of driving. I'm about two hours away. I haven't tried many of their scents but I do like the CBL125 and 4505H. I'm getting low on both and hope they have a wax sale soon. I have been very happy with everything I bought there so far.

Edited by SteveinPA