Soy Wax Pricing

Dont know about Soy, although Palm wax has increased here in Australia by about $5 / case, so I am expecting that Soy will soon follow I guess :(

I am having difficulty understanding the justification for the rise in Australia.

I have personally investigated importing wax and know it is all priced in US dollars, including shipping costs. Over the last 4 months we have seen the Aussie dollar surge against the US dollar, which equates to a drop in price in US dollars of around 10%. Our $$ is hovering around parity ($ for $ with the US) at the moment and has been for many weeks.

We have just had a $5 price rise, last shipment before Xmas saw a $2.50 rise, equating to a $7.50 rise (or approx 10%) in a few months, all the time our currency is getting stronger and buying more in US $$.

This equates to an approx 20% price rise in 3 months in the US $ price when the 10% drop due to the strong dollar is put into the equation.

Have our US counterparts seen a 20% rise in wax prices in the last 3 months? If not then I might be tempted to think that the reduction caused by the strong $$ is not being passed onto the customer at all.

With only 2 suppliers (who regularly run out of wax for weeks at a time) we can only hope that more competition enters the market to even it out.

Interestingly, many smart business publications I have read have suggested that any market needs a minimum of 3 players to keep it honest. Perhaps there is some truth in the theories they publish.

Bart70

Darn...I was going to stock up but I'm too late. Fillmore went up $6.00 a case.

I remember a few years back when soy jumped up in price, and I think it went up to almost $70.00 a case for awhile, then the price went back down thank God.

I only hope it does not jump up like that again...:rolleyes2

If oil and wax are going up like that.. OMG we are all in trouble.

I remember a few years back when soy jumped up in price, and I think it went up to almost $70.00 a case for awhile, then the price went back down thank God.

I only hope it does not jump up like that again...:rolleyes2

If oil and wax are going up like that.. OMG we are all in trouble.

I remember that too. It was awful! After it went down I became a packrat with wax for a while.

Depending what C&S price is with the new 415 shipment ~ You may want to consider them to get your wax. The 415 at C&S is usually 39.00per 50lbs.

415 is the exact same as the EX Soy.. :cheesy2:

As a comparison, we are paying $90 for 50lb (22.5kg).

Given our currency is parity with the US Dollar (or extremely close to it) we are paying more than double what you guys are paying.

Remember, the stockists here are paying the same price for it (in US $) as your US stockists when they purchase from the manufacturer.

Bart70

I noticed that the 415 went up $4 a case at the CMS a couple months ago. I found out that the fluxuation in soy prices is because of futures (Chicago Merc). So it all depends on potential yield per acre, etc.

But still the CMS has the cheapest price per 50lbs that I have found, plus they are within driving distance for us.