WSP Clear Shower Gel

Just got some of this to try and forgive me if this is a stupid question, but, to any of you that use or have used this.... Does this need to be heated and then add FO/color or can it be used as is (and adding FO/color)? There are no directions and I checked their site and there are no directions there either (aside from max FO% max heating temp etc.) Which made me think it needs to be heated before adding the other. And lastly any tips or suggestions on getting it into bottles.

I did a search on here before asking my question and I couldn't find anything as far as that goes. If I missed a thread that will answer my question please point me in the right direction. Thanks so much for any help.

I do not use either gel anymore, but I have used both quite a few times until last spring. I think that of the two, the WSP gel is much better. I find the BC gel to be just too thin. I need so much crothix and then the gel feels slimy because of too much crothix. I only purchased the gel from BC when I was ordering other items in an effort to be economical with shipping costs.

Guest Expressive

We just mixed some colorant and FO with the base.

The feedback we received from WSPs shower gel was that it did not produce enough lather as compared to their store bought products so my advice would be to mix it with a little bubble bath base.

I have not tried it myself.

I haven't had any issues with the lather ability of the base. It made beautiful suds as a shower gel, bubble bath, and I even use it as shampoo. The only thing with the base is some FO's can thin it out to like water. I bought a sample of the thicker base from EBC to try it out. I made a gel for my fiance, and of course, he never gave me any input on it. (imagine that hahah) I don't find the gel drying at all, and even use it as my shampoo. I love the stuff! Just need to keep better notes on what thins it and what doesn't. I've gotten some xantham gum, but haven't tried in it yet as I'm out of stock on the base.

Laura

Thanks everyone!! I made up a bottle for myself just a few mins ago and I can say that it kept it's consistency once FO was added no thinning at all. I'm gonna let it sit for a few hours just to make sure it doesn't thin any as it sits and then I'm gonna shower and give it a try.

The FO I used was Twilight Woods and I added a drop of strawberry dye for color. I will post results later...can't wait to try it!!

Thanks for the input! This is my first go at any type of B&B, so I'm looking for something I can just scent and color without any additives. I think I'll order a gallon and see how it works. Thanks again.:cheesy2:

No problem. I hope that you like it. I think NG has a great shower gel base. :thumbsup: I am not sure if they have changed it over the years. I remember the gel being thinner and more difficult to work with a few years back. The past several months that I have been using this base has been just great.

I might have to try the Ritzy bath gel from NG. I bought the Imagine Base, and basically, wasted my money. I made FBB with it, dried me out... tried making shower gel, no lather :( I wish NG sold sample sizes of their B&B stuff. I've loved everything else i've gotten from them, the odor neutralizer base is great! (I'm finding some FO's separate,but that's nothing a little shake can't cure).

I have used the lotion base from NG for years for one specific product that I make. It is thick and works great. With the exception of their terrible glass roller bottles, every single thing that I have purchased from NG has been just great.

Thanks everyone!! I made up a bottle for myself just a few mins ago and I can say that it kept it's consistency once FO was added no thinning at all. I'm gonna let it sit for a few hours just to make sure it doesn't thin any as it sits and then I'm gonna shower and give it a try.

The FO I used was Twilight Woods and I added a drop of strawberry dye for color. I will post results later...can't wait to try it!!

UPDATE----

The shower gel sat for a few hours and still no thinning. It lathered great.. I normally use shower gel from the big B&B company and I couldn't tell a difference between the two. I'm very pleased with my purchase and will definately be getting more. :yay:

I've always warmed the shower gel before adding fo and color. I normally make 2 oz bottles, 2 dozen at a clip, so approx 48 oz of gel, 6-10 drops of color, and appx 1.7 oz fo (3.5 % fo). Would I be able to do this large quantity w/o the heating. Anyone who has, I'd love to hear your opinion. thanks in advance,

Eve