Slatkin and Co Wax?

Hi Everyone.......I got my first Slatkin and Co candle from B&BW over the Holidays...it is Fresh Balsam. This candle is really nice! Great throw much better than the Yank** Candle in my opinion. Full meltpool with no hangup and the HT is AWESOME. Looked on the bottom and saw that it is a vegi blend.....anyone have any thoughts on their wax. This defintily has to have paraffin in it too.

I would be surprised if you could find the exact blend they use, most likely keep it as a "trade secret". It is most likely a soy/paraffin blend. Since soy wax if much less expensive than paraffin right now, I would assume it is more soy than paraffin. Of course paraffin is easier to work with (IMO), so it may be more paraffin than soy. Not much help, sorry. Many of these blends are available (such as IGI 6006). I am just guessing here, maybe someone else might know more.

Cheers,

Steve

I would be surprised if you could find the exact blend they use, most likely keep it as a "trade secret". It is most likely a soy/paraffin blend. Since soy wax if much less expensive than paraffin right now, I would assume it is more soy than paraffin. Of course paraffin is easier to work with (IMO), so it may be more paraffin than soy. Not much help, sorry. Many of these blends are available (such as IGI 6006). I am just guessing here, maybe someone else might know more.

Cheers,

Steve

Hi Steve....Thanks for the input. I know no one will know an exact but thought I would ask....maybe someone duped their wax. I read somewhere that when he was on QVC he said t was mostly soy but would not elaborate on anything else in the mix. This candle has been really nice...good scent and nice burn so far.

I agree they are probably a parasoy blend but I doubt you will ever find out what they use. I would even venture to guess they have their wax custom blended for them and I don't mean the pre-blended waxes you can buy at a candle supply store.

But having said that there is absolutely no reason you can't come up with your own super veggie blend.