What are these?

Candlesbykids

OK, my question here is: You allow your children to make candles?:confused:

Or they like to "help" with ideas? Your website seems to already be taking orders... is the whole 'candles by kids' thing just your form of advertising?

I just think of how dangerous candle making is, and I cannot see how you would have your children do it.... ?

My wife and I handle the most dangerous things. I have a 9 year old daughter who stirs under our supervision. I have 6 year old twin boys who are responsible for putting the labels on the jars as well as the warning labels on the bottom. My daughter also logs on to the website and pulls the orders that have been placed and tells my wife and I what needs to be made.

The kids also pack the orders and then we review them.

With that being said, we were thinking about a tag line to explain. Candles by Kids, With help from Mom & Dad.

Check out the videos at youtube.com/candlesbykids, you will see what I mean.

Maybe it's just thick foam? Not necessarily carpet padding, but definitely could be. Hard to tell. Sides have a brownish golden color, but there are white spots showing on the surface.... What does the outer surface feel like. Looks kinda rough like carpet, but then when you turn and showed a side view, looked different... Interesting...

I think it's fantastic you can involve your kids. Helps them learn satisfaction in work and responsibility. I pay my son who's 7 to stick labels on my sample bags. My three-year-old loves to pull the labels from their backing and hand them to me. :cheesy2:

I think it's fantastic you can involve your kids. Helps them learn satisfaction in work and responsibility. I pay my son who's 7 to stick labels on my sample bags. My three-year-old loves to pull the labels from their backing and hand them to me. :cheesy2:

Thats great, I just wanted to give my kids a foundation in entrepreneurship! It is great! I have meetings with them. In the beginning, we sat them down and gave them a business loan. I explained to them how they were to pay me back, along with saving some of the money and reinvesting back into the business. On the weekends we let them spend some of their earnings on a movie or a toy.

Much in common with you. I have a 10 year old son and twin 6 year old boys. They generally help with warning labels and putting the lids on when we are busy at fundraising time. The twins fizzle out pretty easily, but Seth hangs in there pretty well, of course everyone wants to help with the cash register in the shop.

Good luck with the air fresheners. Keep us updated

• 7 months later...

Ok I am thinking from reading 4 pages of this post, we have something similar here that I have never paid any attention too, however in my real 9-5 work world my husbands furniture pads look very similar to the pics at the start, except yours look more compacted, his furniture pads are basic cotton underlay for carpets, I would think to recreate them you would want like the silver lined plastic that you could put your labelling on and then just tear open one end type of thing. Could you acheive the same result with wooden beads of some kind, like the reed diffuser style thing. I dont think they would last as long but as far as expanding your product line it might work, also this might be stateing the obvious but have you tried going to back to the place you got it from and trying to find out the manufacturer details. Even if you have to fake it at the retail store and say you wish to make a complaint that it damaged the carpet on your car just to find out who makes it.

Havent been much help I dont think but might have been.