FO storage-

se2653

Is it safe to store fo in the refrigerator? I had been storing them in a dark cabinet, but noticed a couple of the scents changed after about 1 month, so now I put them in the fridge. But just wanted to check with you experts out there!

Theres no need to store them in the fridge. FOs can keep for years. Store away from the sun or other light, in a dark, cool, dry place.

Some FOs will go bad no matter what. If they do, it usually happens within a few months to a year. If you have an oil that smells "off" chances are good that the oil went bad. Just toss it.

Another reason I would not put my oils in the fridge is candlemaking, soapmaking, B&B products can be temperature sensitive and putting a cold FO can change the application or alter it.

I have never put any oils in the fridge. I have only had maybe one or two oils ever go bad. Many oils I have kept for a number of years and are as good now as when I first purchased them.

Is it safe to store fo in the refrigerator? I had been storing them in a dark cabinet, but noticed a couple of the scents changed after about 1 month, so now I put them in the fridge. But just wanted to check with you experts out there!

I store mine in a pantry, in the dark. I've got some that are well into their 10th+ year and are still fine. I can count on 1 hand the oils that have seemed off after a very long storage time. Usually the plastic bottles get wonky before the oils go bad.

I will throw out oils because I'm tired of looking at them, not because they've gone bad.

Oils don't go bad in one month.

I agree that there is no need to put these in the fridge. Some contain crystals as an element and you will notice these when cold.

Fragrance Oils for the most part will have a long shelf line. There are very few that will not last past a year.

Blends can "mature" the longer they are stored but usually for the better. You don't mention how these have changed. Hopefully none have gone bad.