And so it begins

I offered to make candles for my friends wedding... I may or may not regret this in the future, but I am trying to save her some money since the agreement is that she will buy the jars, I will handle the rest.

I'm probably (at least right now this is the plan) going to need 100 4oz jelly jars and 50 8oz jelly jars, basically 10 cases of one and 5 of the other. I have my wicking down so I'm letting her order them and ship them to her house in WA.. versus me doing them here and bringing them.

I'll be transforming my moms house into a temporary studio.

SO. Here is where my issue comes in.. CS is where I would normally go for these jars, because of the great prices.. but its $77.00 in shipping to get them to her.

Peaks is closer, but charges more for the jars and wants 90 in shipping. :angry2:

No local sources that I know of. I never really use the jelly jars, so I'm not familiar with suppliers for them.. but I did a quick scan and couldnt really find anyone closer than peaks (Denver-Seattle)

anyone have some good tips on getting these to Washington without literally half the cost being shipping?

I'm really trying to convince her to love the quilted jelly jars because I'm certain we can find those at Kmart, walmart, or Doitbest... but I think she has her heart set on a straight side jar

Go to your local super market, ask for the manager, and ask them to order them for you. They will put in an order and it will be shipped out on their next truck load that week. Very simple and you don't have to pay shipping.

The prices may be a little higher since your not buying wholesale, but another option you may want to look into...:cheesy2:

oooh ace.. I'll have her check. I wish I could just convince her to let me order them but she has put her foot down and I've learned not to mess with the bride:laugh2:

but my mom did say she would help her if it seems like she cant get it together and fnd the right ones. I dont want to have her find some weird jar, buy a bunch of cases, and then have to wick some new jar on the fly.. no way. I know they have Ace's up there so maybe I'll call the manager at her local one and talk to them myself :)

Check Amazon.com. It looks like they have them and shipping is free on orders $25.00 or more.

I think I'm amazon illiterate or something I tried searching for candle glass a while back and came up with zip. Are you the amozon Queen? Help:laugh2::laugh2:

Also i looked on Swans for luminous no luck there hopefully she found what she needed on Amazon.

I have been making candles and selling them for years. But I have come to a fork in the road with the pricing of so called wholesale supply houses and the shipping that these people charge. it's really too bad...they have to make such a profit on not only the product they are selling but making a profit from shipping. I have been around the block with shipping items my entire life with our family business and there is definetly a problem with most supply houses like wax products. Come on you suppliers who read these boards don't tell me you aren't making some coin on shipping. I ship every single day and If these guys are smart and want to keep a customer base and business they really should consider looking for alternatives in shipping OR the way they do business. Just my two cents. I am ready to take a whipping from all you loyals...who are making these people money. And they aren't doing anything but giving you cheap prices and make up their cost with shipping. I have already bailed from the candle business. It was good about 10 years ago...but not now. Now i see peaks offering 25% off shipping. I rest my case!

Edited by wheels

I think I'm amazon illiterate or something I tried searching for candle glass a while back and came up with zip. Are you the amozon Queen? Help:laugh2::laugh2:

Also i looked on Swans for luminous no luck there hopefully she found what she needed on Amazon.

search jelly jars, mason jars, and canning jars.. lots more results but nothing she cant find locally

I'm driving to peaks in the spring to get my cases of wax, bundles of wicks, fragrance oils 5lbs at a time, and jars. Even with a weighed down SUV and a 6 hour drive it saves me money on shipping... plus I get to spend the night in Denver! Good enough for me.

I'm lucky to have MMS so close for my soaping supplies.. sometimes I pay more than say, columbus, but.. I never pay shipping.