My update to GB 464... Great results!!!

I have found I love this wax, at first the only problems I had was frosting on the sides of the containers but not the tops and sink holes around the wicks. I solved most 99% of these doing the following... side frosting reduced to a min by keeping the room temp too and adv. of 80 deg. for 8 hours during and after pour. The sink holes by reducing pour temp to 120 deg. and gives perfect smooth even tops. I have used over 30lbs of this wax so far in containers of small to med large as the small libby interludes too the 12oz interludes and the 8oz masons as well as the 3oz tureen jars. The wicks I have used in those are the eco 4 on the small interlude and eco 14s on the others with great results with FOs load of 1.2oz per lb. the sent throw is amazing cold and hot!!! I sold a few diff. sizes to co workers and they all came back the next day and said that these are the best candles they have ever had from anywhere including the big name brands... wow. and they all said that it smelled up there whole house... one said they cold still smell it the next morning...

so now after only using IGI 4630 for a long time I am now only going to use this wax as it seems to perform better and looks better as well with less cost and easier clean up.

Just thought I would pass my findings along. Best wishes and Happy candle making.

Hi Candle_Man

in the 8 ounce mason jars- are they the square ones by chance and what size eco did you use for that- the 14? I started with eco in that jar but got way to deep of a melt pool and alot of black from the wick swirling around in the wax- I use straight 464 as well. I went to the cd but hot throw is not that amazing and then bought the htp that I need to test still but I have ALOT of Eco's left and would love to try it again after hearing of your success!! I have been doing 1.6 oz/ per pound which could be the difference- I am told I use to much. Have any mushrooming problems at all?

I am very happy for your success!!

Thanks for any feedback you can give me

Glad things are working out for you, Candle_Man! :bliss:

It may be a little big but I do get a full melt pool.

For safety, I would rather err on the side of underwicking than overwicking. A later FMP, a little hangup or residue left in the jar is a small price to pay for a container that doesn't become too hot to handle. ;)

Edited by Stella1952

Hi Candle_Man

in the 8 ounce mason jars- are they the square ones by chance and what size eco did you use for that- the 14? I started with eco in that jar but got way to deep of a melt pool and alot of black from the wick swirling around in the wax- I use straight 464 as well. I went to the cd but hot throw is not that amazing and then bought the htp that I need to test still but I have ALOT of Eco's left and would love to try it again after hearing of your success!! I have been doing 1.6 oz/ per pound which could be the difference- I am told I use to much. Have any mushrooming problems at all?

I am very happy for your success!!

Thanks for any feedback you can give me

Yes they are the square masons and it is the eco14 wicks they seem too work perfect. I just used the CS wick guide.

Glad things are working out for you, Candle_Man! :bliss:

For safety, I would rather err on the side of underwicking than overwicking. A later FMP, a little hangup or residue left in the jar is a small price to pay for a container that doesn't become too hot to handle. ;)

yes they, the small interludes do get a little warm with the eco4 but not too bad though as in the caution label you should never handle a hot or lit candle... but I will be ordering e smaller eco wick to slow it down a little.

Thank you for the good advice.

I am currently using this soy wax, too. I love it. But I pour my soy wax below 100 degrees and it seems to work well for me. No frosting or sink holes. Sometime I do see that my wax does not stick to the jars well. This has only happened a few times though.

Where do you get your Tureen Jars and scents that work for this wax?

I have found I love this wax, at first the only problems I had was frosting on the sides of the containers but not the tops and sink holes around the wicks. I solved most 99% of these doing the following... side frosting reduced to a min by keeping the room temp too and adv. of 80 deg. for 8 hours during and after pour. The sink holes by reducing pour temp to 120 deg. and gives perfect smooth even tops. I have used over 30lbs of this wax so far in containers of small to med large as the small libby interludes too the 12oz interludes and the 8oz masons as well as the 3oz tureen jars. The wicks I have used in those are the eco 4 on the small interlude and eco 14s on the others with great results with FOs load of 1.2oz per lb. the sent throw is amazing cold and hot!!! I sold a few diff. sizes to co workers and they all came back the next day and said that these are the best candles they have ever had from anywhere including the big name brands... wow. and they all said that it smelled up there whole house... one said they cold still smell it the next morning...

so now after only using IGI 4630 for a long time I am now only going to use this wax as it seems to perform better and looks better as well with less cost and easier clean up.

Just thought I would pass my findings along. Best wishes and Happy candle making.

Edited by Kristin2011