Let's make a scent Part 2

Scented

Just to say we did it again and because vanilla is fun to play with it, but sometimes needs to be disguised so it sells (for me anyway).

I don't care how many notes we have in it and I don't want to know what company we have to get something from ... if you say simply say vanilla, we'll play with it and move on etc.

So here's how we can do this (and if I have it, I will likely do drops into a test tube and see if another scent baby can be born) ... we'll start with a fragrance and each person to follow, add something you think will enhance that scent. Just one fragrance/scent/essential oil to the mix and let's see what we come up with say up to eight scents down the line.

So we have Vanilla with ... ooooh adding black pepper

Edited by Scented

No Cognac or tuberose or gardenia ... goodness what kind of person am I!!! I have southern comfort though lol.

Although I do have some tuberose wax (I believe) ... so let's see what that can offer to the mix.

Edited by Scented

Since you don't have cognac or bourbon.. can I change that to clove? I want something spicy and clove and pepper together rock... but the Southern comfort sounds good too. I would love a spicy scent with a little kick in it!

Edited by Candybee

OK here's what I've done so far and this has promise.

I used Bourbon de Vanille lol (there's your bourbon) and put in 100 drops, added 20 of black pepper EO, which made a spicy nice mix. I've melted a little bit of tuberose wax into the mix and now I like this. It's a fun, spicy fragrance right now with a hint of floral, (adding) but what I don't like is that the wax ultimately has to harden again and the floral goes away.

Edited by Scented

I'm not very good at this, but maybe some chocolate or neroli?

Eeeks! I own neither to be able to tell you what happens. I own a chocolate amber FO though. That's a close as I get. Neroli I don't have nor the FO orange blossom (cost of Neroli is probably why I don't have it and OB never moved for me so I did away with it) but I do have some bergamot that would be close.

Is that Eeeks as in 'what the hell are you thinking???' Or, you just don't have the FO's. :cheesy2:

Eeeks! I own neither to be able to tell you what happens. I own a chocolate amber FO though. That's a close as I get. Neroli I don't have nor the FO orange blossom (cost of Neroli is probably why I don't have it and OB never moved for me so I did away with it) but I do have some bergamot that would be close.

OK what I've got working now, since I can't find my bergamot arg! is this:

Bourbon de Vanille (supposed to be aged vanilla lol!)

some tuberose wax (would suggest use an FO here and wish I had one)

Because the vanilla covers up the tuberose when it semi hardens, I added a very pretty primrose I have instead.

Combined with black pepper and some litsea cubeba

This is a sweet vanilla now with a soft rose note. It's quite a sweet note, so could probably use something to tone that down.