Let's make a scent

Scented

Just to say we did and because I'm looking for something different. I don't care how many notes we have in it and I don't want to know what company we have to get something from ... if you say vanilla, we'll play with it and move on etc.

So here's how we can do this (and if I have it, I will likely do drops into a test tube and see if a scent baby can be born) ... we'll start with a fragrance and each person to follow, add something you think will enhance that scent. Just one fragrance/scent/essential oil to the mix and let's see what we come up with say four to eight scents down the line.

Most might think I'd start with patchouli, but not today.

How about:

Coconut w/ a dash of blood orange EO

Edited by Scented

Not sure we need to add another thing to that lol! Love it with Sandalwood added. Now to let it brew a little.

Shall we keep playing with a second scent? Anyone want to start one?

I went with a Lilac and Lily FO I have. Will do another with one of those two I think as well.

Edited by Scented

Wait a minute. I want to make sure I have this right. Our new FO has:

Citrus top notes of blood orange and key lime mellowed with botanical basil; in a coconut base with tropical orchid, jasmine, gardenia, and rose as our floral middle notes; ending with a touch of sensual amber and aromatic sandalwood as the bottom notes.

Van Yulay-- are you blending this? How is it?:yay:

We need to name this baby!!

How about:

Garden of Eve

Edited by Candybee

Not sure we need to add another thing to that lol! Love it with Sandalwood added. Now to let it brew a little.

Shall we keep playing with a second scent? Anyone want to start one?

I went with a Lilac and Lily FO I have. Will do another with one of those two I think as well.

I want to add musk.

W/O the musk, there is a hint of citrus, lime toning down the sharpness and tang of the blood orange. With the addition of basil in one, that gave an herbal note to the citrus with the coconut. In the other I used a sweet basil, which I think I like much better. It was just enough to cut the edge of the fruits.

With the florals added (in my case no gardenia as I wasn't aware I was out) but in one batch is a Lilac & Lily, Black Orchid mix and in the other is Lilac & Lily, Black Orchid and Jasmine. To both, I added Amyris EO and like how it does warm the fragrance.

I used two different musks and early on I like the heavier red Egyptian musk with the one that includes jasmine and I think I like that better than the other one. I think it's more mysterious and unrecognizable. To the other I used Moonlake Musk, which is light in nature and I want to try another perhaps with sweet amber musk to see what that does, but I may not mess further.

LOL! OK We will start another, except I have to report what I did on the one that I ended up using primrose.

Judy I can send you some of this. I want to see how the amber resin reacts with this some more and I should try it with less sweet basil I believe too ...

This mix went with coconut FO, Black Orchid FO, Jasmine FO, Primrose FO, Lilac & Lily FO, Blood Orange EO, Pink Grapefruit EO (to try to hush up the sweet basil that suddenly bloomed), Lime EO, Amyris EO, Sweet Amber Musk FO and a chunk of Amber resin.

This carries a mild citrus note rounded out by a warm wood which I think needs the strong dose of amber to it just to chill on the herbal portion that basil adds and to cut down on the amount of floral in it. It's a pretty rounded floral bouquet. I think I will play it with some more to change out the lilac and lily that is in it. However, I'm also liking this one more than the others too. Good thing there's enough to split up and see what some absolutes add to it like mimosa and maybe some oakmoss. Perhaps I should see what some rose scented wax offers in place of the primrose that was used.

These are my notes, while my nose finds itself attracted to my wrist lol.