Sediment in Vanilla Buttercream Crunch

dixylight

I believe it has crystalized due to the cold. Vanilla based FO will do this. Just place it in a pan of warm water and it should incorporate back into the FO.:smiley2:

The newsletter JS sent out this week had a note in in about this very thing. BTW, mine did that also, just not as bad. It seems to be ok now though.:)

Last winter we received several pounds of vanilla scents that had huge sediment crystals in them. One was the Totally Scrumtious from JS, the other was CC's Vanilla Voodoo. After sitting in the room temp for a couple days they were fine, but the water bath works in a pinch. Don't worry there is nothing wrong, these scents that set up just have a very high concentrate of vanilla.

Received an order of FO from Peak today and inside the box was a note:

"because our FOs are undiluted and fully concentrated, you may occasionally get a bottle that has crystallized during shipping. This happens more often in the cold winter month." They recommended the warm water bath.

I thought it was nice of Peaks to include the note.