Urgent help on sales & use

mommyof4

tax id. I had one a few years ago and had to stop everything due to health reasons so I canceled it. I started filling out another one and ran into a issue. What one do I choose?

Retail Trade - primarily sells directly to the consumer

Wholesale Trade - durable/non-durable goods, etc. primarily sells to retailers for resale

I am so sorry if this is a stupid question!

~Thanks

Those are the only 2 from the list that seem to only fit.

Edited by mommyof4

Do you sell more to the public at shows, online etc..

Or are you going to do more wholesale accounts?

I put retail for mine, that is 90% of my biz.

Depends on who you are going to sell to.. :cheesy2:

Yeah, what she said =)

But it does sound like the latter option is more for say suppliers that will sell wholesale more.. I'd go with the first one =)

Not that I am aware of. I do wholesale to, but mostly retail. When I fill out my sales tax online, there are places to list taxable and non taxable sales. No worries.. :cheesy2:

The sales tax number is for you to collect and remit tax, and to file sales tax exempt for purchases you make for your candle supplies.

Good Luck!!

Look at the description in each one. Your key word is "primarily" sells... So if your sales are primarily wholesale then go with that.

If not, then do the sells to customer one. Thats what most of us do even if you have one or a few wholesale accounts you still want to be set up so you can sell directly to customers at shows, retail stores & shops, wineries, florists, farmers and craft markets, wholesale, etc.