cant smell anything

Last night I had made 3 lbs of CS Pecan Pie and a couple of minutes later after I put my fragrance oil in the wax my throat started to burn. My throat and nose was bothering me all night

I woke this morning not being able to smell anything and still a soar throat.

Is this normal when making candles? And if anybody can help me, what can I do to prevent this from happening to me.

Thank you for any info that you may provide

Wow, sorry to hear this has happened. Not that I have any clue as to what to say, I do know sometime when mixing in our FO I will lean in and sniff the pour pot and with some spicy or just plain strong FO's my nose will feel like it got burned... it goes away after a few minutes but yours stayed all night?? Someone will chime in here with a better answer I'm sure =)

I learned a long time ago not to stick my nose over the pour pot when I'm stirring in my FO. Spicey oils like cinnamon and gingerbread literally make me ill all night.

BTW-- I now wear a respirator when I make candles. I only smell the candles once they are cooled in the jars.

Your selling candles already?? You said you just got your candles to throw for you on 11-24-10. http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95336

Plus you just started making candles in Oct per your posts..

Slow down and test before you start selling.. You didn't even know what wax to use a month ago, and you just got your first candle to throw with this oil a week ago, and now your selling them.. :shocked2:

You better make sure you have insurance for those candles you are selling.

If you didn't properly test them and are selling, well... Your playing with fire!!!

Not trying to burst you bubble here..

But your saying the Pecan Pie is your big seller and you just got it to throw last week...:confused: