Hurricane tealite holders

Anyone have any idea of something to use for a positioning ring inside a hurricane. I'm "gluing" a round piece of cork inside for the tealite to sit on. However, I'm sure also that people wont make sure tealite is sitting on it. Sooo.. I want to put some kind of ring(maybe 1/4"tall) on the cork to hold it in place. Kinda like a small upside down lid. Maybe this just isn't feasible :(

I measured a tea light and it is a little less than 1.5 inches in diameter. So I do not know but could you glue these to the bottoms of your hurricanes? You could use the lids and the bottoms both for the same thing. I am just guessing

cttinsb1.jpg

tnf1-5.jpg

Dimensions: 1.6" width x .6" height. Case quantity: 2,500

I am not sure if this is what you meant. But this is what I came up with.

Wouldn't it be easier to include one of those glass tealight holders with the hurricane or an oyster cup. Michaels has the oyster cups on sale this week 2 for $1. I have a cork pad (loose) in the bottom of mine and include a votive holder and votive. That way I know they are starting off right. Just a thought.

Wouldn't it be easier to include one of those glass tealight holders with the hurricane or an oyster cup. Michaels has the oyster cups on sale this week 2 for $1. I have a cork pad (loose) in the bottom of mine and include a votive holder and votive. That way I know they are starting off right. Just a thought.

What is an oyster cup?

And putting the right things in there to start off with is good, but I don't want the tealight/votive tossed just anywhere in there and have the side melt :(

Tins.. 2,500 to a case? OMG...LOL

I'll do some looking ;)

Oh Scrubbz.. I didn't see th first reply. You coulda left it there too. Now it's gonna bug me :D

I have the same thoughts about people tossing in a tealight and not centering, even though I have it spelled out on my warning. I think it was Dee, might be wrong, but she was putting a small piece of tile in the bottom, while the wax was still soft. Thought it was a good idea, but never did try it. I made these for each table at my daughters wedding, I put a piece of cork in the bottom (very think piece of cork) and used a votive, burned for about 7 hours and I had many where the cork was melted to the wax, couldn't get it out, and a few that had melted wax on the sides. I didn't care, it was for my own use, but people out there just don't read, they will burn them all night. I only use tealights with mine, and suggest using only tealights. I give them a glass tealight holder with a 6 pack of tealights, hoping they will actually use the tealights.

Couldn't paste a picture of an oyster cup. Here is a link to a picture.

http://www.nightskycandles.com/index.cfm/fa/items.main/parentcat/7979/subcatid/0/id/88448

They work good for tealights. I've been testing them with gel for forever candles. I burn votives in a votive holder in my canes. Thats also how I sell them. I only sell them with thick glass votive holders. With the cork pads I haven't had a problem with them melting the sides or bottom of the cane. I have tested mine doing power burns and not had a problem.

Good Luck

I had the same problem. I have only sold to people I personally know so far. I gave them all explict verbal instructions, and left warning labels in the votive holder saying only to be used with tea lights. Then a girl (she wasn't complaining, just telling me what she did and what happened) came to me and said that she got tired of the tea lights only lasting a few hours so she started using votives. That she didn't make sure it was centered and that the votive holder ended up being close to a side and melting the inside of the shell. I had included a piece of cork inside the shell, a glass votive holder, and a tealight. What I started doing (haven't made any sice last christmas) was taking the votive holder and placing it in the middle of the cork, tracing around the bottom with a pencil, pressed really hard so it left a bit of an indent, then took a carving tool and carved just a little bit out to fit the bottom of the votive holder. It's true that this doesn't look the greatest when the votive holder isn't in there, but you can't see it when the votive holder is in place, and it works ok. It still requires the user to place the votive holder in the right spot, it wont go there on it's own, but I was told that seeing the groove made them think about centering it. One co-worker told me that it wasn't really a concious thought until after the fact. She just put the holder in the groove because that was where it was supposed to go. She came to me and told me about her thought process because I had talked to her about the centering problem before in a previous discussion before I started doing this. Oh and the carving tool I used kinda looks like a cutical trimmer. HTH