Jazz Candle #1

tonyjazz

I knew what I wanted to make when I first got involved as a chandler. Before I melted my first wax I wanted a lot of different embeds handy to get creative and find molds that were free. This one was done with a round cardboard case for " Cardenal Mendoza ", a liquor. It had a metal top that I used for the bottom of the candle which was beveled and when released gave a great shine to the bottom and made it appear to be floating a bit off the table. 3 pours and colors with glass embeds and blue aquarium gravel on the bottom. Heavy lavender FO. Soy wax. Comments and critiques helpful, thanks..........TJ

post-12651-139458473943_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the comments Angie, the mold used was pretty strong and held up very well, an added bonus was that the inside was waxed, not by me, just came like that. Gotta find more of those.........

Mommyof4: Thanks also for looking and comments..........

Edited by tonyjazz

Tonyjazz,

love the candle looks great!

You could try pvc pipes with couplers you can get very good results with them as molds. I've made a few big candles all you need to do is make a lid that fits inside the coupler and push the pipe inside make a hole for your wick on the top/lid and thats it! No need for glue or anything. I like that I can open it to clean it inside if needed.

Dan