Ideas needed for the Farmers Market to draw Customers

MaggieMay

Our market had five vendors for the last five years and we are now up to 19..lol I know thats not very much in the scheme of thngs...But its all that we have...ya work with what you have lol

We had Fun days at the market this year.. it drew lots of people and sales were good..We are in need of other ideas...

We had

A Scarecrow building contest..all vendors supplied old clothes, then we auctioned the scarecrows off and the money was donated to a charity that the winner chose..or the person who built the scarecrow kept it them sleves..It was a blast...

Corn eating...great turn out and sales were good.

The last one was a pumpkin decorating, great success as well

The vendors did pumpkin themed things like pumpkin cookies, muffins and me pumpkin soaps...Sales were great as well

any one have any other ideas they would care to share..

All help will be greatly appreciated..

Hugs Maggie

live music, lots of bands will play for free just for the exposure

make a deal with a local massage place to give free mini massages, you do parrafin hand dips or hand massages with handmade lotion or something... call it a "pamper at the market" day..

have "demo day" where each booth does a "demo" of something they make.. something simple they wouldnt mind showing...

send messages to as many local artists as you can, try and get them to participate... the more booths, the more people!

Do you have a facebook page? advertize on craigslist, free ads in local papers and news organization websites?

uhmmm.. i'll have more ideas for you in the morning! off to bed so my brain can re-boot:laugh2: